Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides my slow reaction time, overall I was slow lol. Did a few pulls on the highway afterwards and found that with such mass you need to be moving to even have a shot at victory. Beat a tuned SS off the track... On the track I was trash. Times? 15s 16s or something. Don't judge, you haven't tracked your treg yet bud.

image-3257753486.jpg

image-3509203366.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tracked my V6 tdi a few years back, I even caught it on video, if you search you might find it. I pulled 16 seconds on one run and 15 on another, beat a Nissan 370z about 3/4 of the way down the track. your right the vehicles are very heavy.

That's not bad. I hope to go back and better myself since my reaction time are super slow.

·
Registered
734 Posts
From the title, I thought you had taken your Touareg to a racetrack, where the experience would be, um, entertaining.

At the track, the boring part is where you hit your highest speed. Foot flat to the floor, it's time to relax your shoulders, check your gauges, give or take pointbys.

Can't imagine how the quarter mile would be any less boring. Any idiot can stand on the gas for 9 or 16 seconds; in fact, you don't even need a driver for that. Just put a brick on the pedal and let the car go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the title, I thought you had taken your Touareg to a racetrack, where the experience would be, um, entertaining. At the track, the boring part is where you hit your highest speed. Foot flat to the floor, it's time to relax your shoulders, check your gauges, give or take pointbys. Can't imagine how the quarter mile would be any less boring. Any idiot can stand on the gas for 9 or 16 seconds; in fact, you don't even need a driver for that. Just put a brick on the pedal and let the car go.
Well all the circuit courses in my area don't allow SUVs on it. I would love to take to one. Your right about the lack skill needed to put a Touareg on the Quarter mile. It's AWD, auto, heavy and doesn't have a crazy amount of hp. Stomp on the pedal and go

·
Registered
4,205 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just got home from botniaring racetrack. It was a trackday event of audiclub finland. Wet day but grip was still good with 255/50/19 barum bravuris 3 suv tires. The remapped v6 tdi is pretty fast for a heavy car. Air suspension in sport mode keeps it pretty well in control on hard fast turns. Just the seat is slippery on corners and the big steering wheel a bit clumsy. Brakes (z17 front, two piston rear) were pretty good for 4 hard laps, but on fift they began to fade badly. Even though it is big and heavy car, it was damn good fun. Brakes are very good for normal use but for track use i think that you need atleast the v10 brakes. And even those would fade. Plus side, my front pads stopped screamin after that punishment.

But the absolutely best fun was on passenger seat of mazda mx5 and westfield! There also was normal street cars and almost 1000hp track monsters that were sick fast. I was able to keep r32 3c passat behind for a while. Atleast it is faster than stock a3 diesel .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts