Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2004 V8
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thumbing through the FB marketplace and came across what looks like a base model of Touareg VR6 (04MY). What got me curious is that it seems to have an option of a rear-locking differential.
I've contacted the owner and attempted to ask questions, but it would've been easier to ask a toddler to solve a Pythagorean theorem.

Car Vehicle Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle

Purely out of curiosity, what are the chances to have a plain Jane model Touareg with advanced traction as an option?

Cheers...

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Ask him if the switch is a sticker. Most of them peel overtime in the T1's. But most stickers also have the rear locker as part of the sticker.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,935 Posts
Ask him to crawl under it and just give you the ID code off the rear diff... it's stamped on it. Or at least send you a picture of it... I assume you know enough to notice the diff lock motor if it's present. :unsure:

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Ask him to crawl under it and just give you the ID code off the rear diff... it's stamped on it. Or at least send you a picture of it... I assume you know enough to notice the diff lock motor if it's present. :unsure:
It's FB market place no one is doing that lol.

· Registered
2004 V8
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The impression I got communicating with that guy is that he is not versed in the Touareg world.
Also, he stopped responding to my msgs. It seems that he is a curbstoner, not the owner/operator.

Besides deciphering the build placard, I haven't found a lot of info regarding VR6 and the advanced traction option. In fact, this option is only available in TDI v6, and of course v10 TDI T1 and T2 variants.

It is plausible, that at some point a 4WD sticker was replaced for one reason or another.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
The impression I got communicating with that guy is that he is not versed in the Touareg world.
Also, he stopped responding to my msgs. It seems that he is a curbstoner, not the owner/operator.

Besides deciphering the build placard, I haven't found a lot of info regarding VR6 and the advanced traction option. In fact, this option is only available in TDI v6, and of course v10 TDI T1 and T2 variants.

It is plausible, that at some point a 4WD sticker was replaced for one reason or another.
try messaging him as a different person, use your wife or kids account. Don't talk the same way.

· Registered
65 Posts

I have an '04 VR6 with air suspension and rear locker. I guess they must be pretty rare, but I can confirm they do exist!

· Registered
2012 180TDI
331 Posts

I've just gone through the same thing buying a boat some distance away. Would go days between responses, not answer questions correctly etc. Very painful, but got it done eventually, and either got a good deal, or I'll be having to chase the money through court if it doesn't get dropped at the transporters 😂.

I've bought some bargain cars from people like this before, it's difficult but upside is that they also make it hard for other buyers, who just give up, so you have the upper hand if you can stick it out.

· Registered
5,675 Posts
I seriously doubt it has the rear locker with out air suspension, but weirder things have come up before.
Good to see you back

Cough traitor cough

• Haha
Reactions: Micheld7
1 - 18 of 18 Posts