Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I am just a lurker here usually but I am need of some help. I am not car savvy but I love my T2. I need help finding some brake pads(4), rotors(4), and I need a new caliper for my front passenger side (one of the pistons is sticking and I was told it needed to be replaced.) now I don’t need top of the line or even near for now my budget is pretty tight but we are down to just my car right now and I need these part ASAP. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Autozone will be able to get a Cardone refurbished caliper for you. I have used them with good success.

I am just a lurker here usually but I am need of some help. I am not car savvy but I love my T2. I need help finding some brake pads(4), rotors(4), and I need a new caliper for my front passenger side (one of the pistons is sticking and I was told it needed to be replaced.) now I don’t need top of the line or even near for now my budget is pretty tight but we are down to just my car right now and I need these part ASAP. Any help is appreciated!![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I need new pads and I have searched the forum, but cannot find a good answer to what is "best". I do not like the oem pads because they feel soft and do not inspire confidence in hard braking situations. I am going to buy the neuspeed stainless brake lines and also want a new set of pads. I have 41k miles on the car now and they need to be replaced. Seems like the general consensus after searching is that most people use the OEM PAgid brake pads. Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative that has better performance. I do not care about brake dust that much.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hey there!

I am just a lurker here usually but I am need of some help. I am not car savvy but I love my T2. I need help finding some brake pads(4), rotors(4), and I need a new caliper for my front passenger side (one of the pistons is sticking and I was told it needed to be replaced.) now I don’t need top of the line or even near for now my budget is pretty tight but we are down to just my car right now and I need these part ASAP. Any help is appreciated!!
Stay away from cardone.

I can have the caliper rebuilt and I have all the pads and rotors if needed. Contact me. I can help. Just send me VIN and I can quote prices lower than most on OEM rotors and PAGID pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts