Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked the old format batter as I could follow the discussions easier with the posts on the right side of the page.
Now I have to scan through the sections for time to last post to see the newer posts.
I have not fully checked to see if there is a section with most recent posts, but I will do that now.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think this format is impossible to use without a lot of extra effort. Not user friendly unfortunately. It;s like the Touareg is going into extinction. Maybe it is.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have just about quit reading this forum - too hard to follow.
Bye!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I liked the old format batter as I could follow the discussions easier with the posts on the right side of the page.
Now I have to scan through the sections for time to last post to see the newer posts.
I have not fully checked to see if there is a section with most recent posts, but I will do that now.
I agree on this point. It used to be a bit easier to see them on the right side instead of having to click the "All Trending Discussions" hyperlink.
Also the new format, as is also mentioned, is not easy on the eyes at all. Another thing is if you hover over a current discussion topic a pop-up clip of that conversation appears and covers over some of the other discussion titles. It doesn't go away that easily either.
Maybe this is just a project in the works and the site tech will make tweaks based on this threads feedback.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oh man!
This is like falling asleep at the wheel of T1 and waking up in a T5. Holy digital speedometers, Batman! What the hell is this?

I recognize some of the nicknames, so I must be in the right forum. But now I can't see pictures in most of the members' little icon thing on the left, just an initial. And you know how new members are always encouraged to fill in their vehicle info so that it appears in the little window to the left side of the post, well now there is no vehicle information there. Was there a vote on switching to this format and I missed it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Things must have driven the change, but I don't like it as much.
I have to look up the second post here to get the link to the new posts, for example.
I understand that things change, sometimes it takes a while to get used to it, but I still liked the old format much better and I could get around in it and see what is happening much better.
I CAN get to the new posts, but that makes me miss the column on the right with them that much more.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have just about quit reading this forum - too hard to follow.
Bye!
That is so disappointing situation, when people registered years ago have to quit the forum. It was a nice place to visit.
Look at the prints screens attached. Local tech admins didn't even bother to adjust the distorted header picture. I am not talking about these huge gray symbols obscuring the content. It's a shame, gentlemen! When are you going to sort it out? The site looks like it was created by beginner level schoolboy.
Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

·
Registered
500 Posts
I agree I like the old forum site better. My main complaints are the lack of 'active posts' link that is easy to find. The next page button is at the top (should be at top and bottom). I also don't like the advertisements intermixed appearing like posts.

I realize the new site is 'modern' web design. But I agree with others it is much tougher to use. I wonder how much they can customize it to get it closer to the old look and feel?

On another note... the Cayenne forum still uses the old site and apparently it is a very sleepy forum.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Another thing I've noticed is that it no longer tell you what year/model Treg someone has under their username on the left in threads.
So now when they post something like my vehicle seems to be doing the same thing, you don't know what they're driving for reference.
Was this done to cut down on people posting for others to fill out their profiles when responding to new members who start new threads?

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
Another thing I've noticed is that it no longer tell you what year/model Treg someone has under their username on the left in threads.
So now when they post something like my vehicle seems to be doing the same thing, you don't know what they're driving for reference.
Was this done to cut down on people posting for others to fill out their profiles when responding to new members who start new threads?
As I understand it, the backroom boffins may be able to re-instate the "model/year" designation within the personal details under your avatar.

We await with bated breath and all fingers crossed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I suspect this forum will fad away with the lack of TREGs in NA going forward. Too bad this change may push it faster into oblivion. I find the format less than useful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What on earth are these HUGE grey shapes, exclamation marks and arrows all over the place?

The old site was clean, clear and quick to use.

Where people had completed their profiles correctly you could see which model, what year and their location, all of which are essential for members to assist one another.

The "Thank You" numbers in a member's profile also enabled one to assess how reliable that member's contribution might be.

·
Administrator
511 Posts
I am going to address some question here, but can all y'all do me a huge favor? Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share, but it helps us to collect all the questions and feedback if they are just in one place. Can you please use our community feedback thread for anything involving the new platform? https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.289842/

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve. Give it a few days and let me know if you start liking it too. :)

That is so disappointing situation, when people registered years ago have to quit the forum. It was a nice place to visit.
Look at the prints screens attached. Local tech admins didn't even bother to adjust the distorted header picture. I am not talking about these huge gray symbols obscuring the content. It's a shame, gentlemen! When are you going to sort it out? The site looks like it was created by beginner level schoolboy. View attachment 232922 View attachment 232923
Are you using an older version of Internet Explorer, by any chance?

Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

I am going to add a few mini-tutorial below, after which I will be closing this thread (to avoid confusion) and respectfully request that any additional question, feedback, etc be posted to our feedback thread. https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.289842/

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward-pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop-down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

How To Find Subscribed Threads
Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

How To Find Account Settings & Preferences
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “account settings”.

Once you have clicked on “account settings” a new page will open. You can browse through the left side column navigation for the specific settings you are looking for.

How To Change/Update Avatar
Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, click to choose your file. Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I have attempted to re-open this thread as Tech Admin needs to address incorrect links in their last post. Either correct them, or remove them.

The posting of incorrect links, from a position of Tech Admin, is the biggest "face palm" that this forum has given itself.

·
Administrator
511 Posts
I have attempted to re-open this thread as Tech Admin needs to address incorrect links in their last post. Either correct them, or remove them.

The posting of incorrect links, from a position of Tech Admin, is the biggest "face palm" that this forum has given itself.
Please forgive my error. I am always shocked to discover that I do make mistakes now and then. Imagine my surprise to discover I am human and do mess up. :p

The link has been corrected, so I will be closing this thread again to avoid confusion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
Tech Admin
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing