Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I know that there is an identically named thread that tech admin has just closed.

Here it is . . . complete with links directing us to a HONDA forum to leave our feedback:

And the motorbike site link that's posted not once but twice....

WTF? as they say these days . . .

And I'd only popped back to see if anything had changed to make the site more usable! It's a good job I'm not holding my breath!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Well, this is a pretty embarrassing and sad situation.

Since many places respond badly to saying anything period about mod actions, I won't do that.

I will say that I am personally pretty embarrassed about the closing of the first thread.

I was hopeful that we were making some progress Nooby, but at this point in time, I am kicking myself in the butt and muttering optimistic idiot under my breath.

Oh well, I will hang on for a little longer. They have promised to work on and fix the biggest issue of the missing information under the user name. It will be great if we can get vehicle make/year and user location back there.

I can make the new posts work correctly by clicking on the bent arrow up top. Chose the second pulldown new posts. Or just use this. https://www.clubtouareg.com/whats-new/posts/

I think I could rework your siggie to work. Nope. Each enter counts as a line, so I can post most of it but it is going to run together. The hard link limit is a real pain. I can't get around that as it thinks that you have 3 links in the sig. Oh well, I tried. This is the best I could do.

If I was you, I would not change your sig. You will lose more then you will gain.

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I have added to "closed thread" (because I can).

Tech Admin need to get their house in order, because linking incorrect, un-necessary links is simply exasperating. And we are expected to "get over it" and accept this new world order?

Sorry, not marching to the beat of that drum.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Club Touareg was my go to for my TREG,I guess I,m going to move on. Hope the ads pay off,but when the advertisers see the trend it may not be worth it. I wonder what the Aussies and NZ crowd thinks,since they can still buy the TREG.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
All that adding in too many ads will accomplish it to push more people to use ad blockers. A smart owner would consider that as a fact of life. I don't mind ads at the top and I can live with ads at the bottom. Ads can be put on the sidebar.

I must admit that I agree with this thread. Putting an ad in the middle is pushy, it is undignified, it is crass, and it personally annoys the heck out of me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have only been a member a short time since I bought my Touareg, but I have noticed a lessening of posts since the change almost as if the new format has discouraged them.
Just saying as I have no real statistics to judge by, but the owners should check for themselves at the new posting rate and check carefully for foot wounds.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yeah, postings are down and a some of the constant regulars are barely posting. I am considering forum retirement myself. Almost but not quite there. It would not take much to tip me over the edge.

I don't think that the owners or admins care. They own many forum sites and they are trying to place a one size fits all solution on all of them. That is why we got the cookie cutter response that linked us to the thread in the Honda Forum. Someone forgot to change the link when they did the cut, copy, paste.

As soon as tech admin notice this thread, it will probably get killed.

Now our mods, they are a good group. They are volunteers and are not working for the man. They are just trying to get by and many of them are also frustrated with this cluster.

The sad part is, just fix the missing info and fix the new post view and we could live with this. A competent IT guy could have had this done in hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
nickyt
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing