Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 MY17 V6 TDI Canyon Gray Metallic
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Written for Europe. Towing is treated very differently there and in addition, it takes the winter conditions into account. If you consider that you don't need any extra tests here to tow without speed restrictions, irrespective of conditions, it's understandable that some countries are more aware of the potential outcomes.

Just had new neighbours move in, clearly they have some business that has light trucks and large trailers and they provided no end of entertainment trying to reverse the trailers into their double width driveway. Hopefully it will get better.
Hi Tiliqua --- OH ! you mean like me, Caravan Park's afternoon entertainment, my problem is getting it close enough to the slab that the missus does not break an ankle.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The book has some entertaining parts and so many disclaimers, denial of responsibilities and other warnings that it has become a tome.
I AM IMPRESSED by your determination to read the hand book! o_O
Gidday Grant - I Considered it Covid Bedtime reading :giggle::giggle: besides I needed a giggle.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might also be interested in the extract of the manual that says DONT LOWER TYRE PRESSURES for SAND DRIVING - at least in the 2008 handbook for a 7L 3.0 V6 tdi.
This is odd and wrong.
At 18-20 psi its completely unboggable in dry sand !!
My 2017 book says the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts