Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a volkswagen touareg 2009 and I can't find the brake switch under the dash and it's not on the brake pedal
I called volkswagen and they said if it's not on the brake pedal it will be near the brake cylinder but I searched and can't find it anyone can help me out thanks

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
On later model years its functionality has been replaced by the brake fluid pressure sensor on the master cylinder, under the wiper cowls, below the brake fluid reservoir tank. You've to remove the e-box with the fuses and/or the fluid reservoir tank to gain access to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On later model years its functionality has been replaced by the brake fluid pressure sensor on the master cylinder, under the wiper cowls, below the brake fluid reservoir tank. You've to remove the e-box with the fuses and/or the fluid reservoir tank to gain access to it.
So would I need to remove the e box and then go to the brake cylinder and go from there? Is it possible for you to explain how I would need to do it as its my first time changing a brake switch and doing it on a volkswagen touareg 2009
Thanks

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
Yes, you would need to remove the e-box,. because the gap between the brake fluid reservoir tank and the e-box just is too small to reach down. (Needless to say that it's strongly advised to do so with the battery(s) disconnected.) The brake pressure sensor sensor should be on the left side of the master cylinder (right side if you're facing the engine), pointing towards the e-box. You should be able to see it from above between the tank and the box, just not reach it because of the tight space.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey
Yes, you would need to remove the e-box,. because the gap between the brake fluid reservoir tank and the e-box just is too small to reach down. (Needless to say that it's strongly advised to do so with the battery(s) disconnected.) The brake pressure sensor sensor should be on the left side of the master cylinder (right side if you're facing the engine), pointing towards the e-box. You should be able to see it from above between the tank and the box, just not reach it because of the tight space.

View attachment 236090
Hey Gnits
My vehicle is right hand drive and on the right side I have the brake cylinder and on the passenger side I have the e-box however next to the brake cylinder there is a metal box have a look at the pictures thank you

Attachments

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
Brake cylinder is always on driver side, and and because the pressure sensor is on the brake cylinder, that's also obviously there. But don't ask me on which side of the cylinder, because I have no clue. I'd guess on the same side (I towards the other side of the vehicle), but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brake cylinder is always on driver side, and and because the pressure sensor is on the brake cylinder, that's also obviously there. But don't ask me on which side of the cylinder, because I have no clue. I'd guess on the same side (I towards the other side of the vehicle), but that's just a guess.
Thank you I have currently have 8 pm I will do it hopefully tomorrow cheers I will tell you If I found it cheers I always want to learn new things than go to the mechanics cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi it wasn't the brake switch the vehicle does not want to start the vehicle has had a small crash on the right hand side the driver side I have located the circuit near the batter and I got told to press the rest switch but there is no switch I need more assistance. The cars crash only damaged the headlight and the wing

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.