Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a 2012 v6 SE a couple of weeks ago. Drove it home and a few days later took it out for a drive and as I drove up a hill decided to put my foot down and overtake. The car went into limp home mode. RAC said it was reporting fuel pressure faults. Booked car in to be checked and meanwhile did not accelerate heavily to avoid the same problem. Car then started to make tapping noise and then started to run rough. After 4 days it packed in at a junction. RAC called again and said it was fuel pressure again. It was taken to a garage and they announced that it was hydrolocked.
The thing is I haven't driven it through any deep water or gone off road or even washed it so I don't know what is going on.
The garage that sold it to me just turned around and said its not there responsibility as I have driven it through deep water!!!
Is it possible that when I bought it there could have been water in the box containing the air filter, could it be that there is some kind of drain in the box that is blocked and that as I have driven around it has slowly drawn it into the engine?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
To broaden your audience post on the UK site too.

myTreg forums

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Best thing you can do is tell your insurers you came round a corner and drove into a bloody great puddle.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Best thing you can do is tell your insurers you came round a corner and drove into a bloody great puddle.
Insurance fraud probably isn't the best approach.

In the US we have consumer protection referred to as the "lemon law."

You may have something similar, protecting you against the sale of defective or faulty product.

Call the general manager of the dealership for starters, then the local news crew, etc.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts