Club Touareg Forum banner
1081 - 1099 of 1099 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
The reason was the additional pump. There are two of them: the first one under the radiators on the left goes to the hybrid, the second one under the right engine head, it goes to the heater. So he just didn't work. Its number is 7P0965567

· Registered
80 Posts
I got this problem when I had my car remapped this week. Must have reset all values for the hybrid clutch.
It behaved the same way you describe, hard engage when going from electric to petrol and eventually followed by hybrid fault.

I have VCDS so I did both adaptation of hybrid clutch point of contact and then hybrid clutch ramp adaptation and this seemed to have cured it.
When you used VCDS, did it warn you that doing the adaptation may result in needing to have the parameters reset by a dealer? I got that warning and did not proceed.

· Registered
80 Posts
This is a video on YT that I had never seen befor today..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

· Registered
35 Posts
Hello everyone, part# 7L0 142 060 B is described as Hydraulic Control Unit - Hybrid System.
I spent a lot of time online trying to figure out what exactly this unit does. Is this the so called hybrid clutch actuator? When it goes bad, what are the symptoms?
Camera accessory Cylinder Bicycle part Composite material Nickel

Gas Auto part Machine Cylinder Engineering

Slope Font Line Parallel Rectangle

Camera accessory Auto part Cylinder Office equipment Gas

· Registered
5,685 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
How did you diagnose which injector was leaking?
Any chance injector cleaner added to the fuel would help?
Gasoline can get into the oil either from the nozzle or from the high-pressure fuel pump. I replaced the pump first, but it didn't help. It is impossible to determine which injector, it is necessary to change everything at once. The fuel additive will not help, the concentration is too weak. It is necessary to rinse with a special device on the car

· Registered
2011 Touareg Hybrid
91 Posts
Ok, thank you for the info. I think one big contributing factor to this problem is I have been driving only short trips since cold season/winter. The engine rarely reaches normal operating temp.
Shouldn't there be a warning when the oil level is too high? So far I have only noticed it by manually checking the trip-computer oil meter and with my dipstick.

How much fuel can you get in the oil before it's properties are significantly compromised?
Any chance some of the fuel will burn off if the car is driven for a longer time?

· Registered
9 Posts
How much fuel can you get in the oil before it's properties are significantly compromised?
Any chance some of the fuel will burn off if the car is driven for a longer time?
This is a difficult question. The more gasoline gets into the oil, the more it loses its lubricating properties. Theoretically, a long trip on the highway can lead to the evaporation of gasoline from the oil, but if it gets into the oil while the engine is running, then this, of course, will not help. The injectors mostly flow when the engine is turned off, and the high-pressure pump, on the contrary, when the engine is running. Try to understand if the oil level rises after a long stay

· Registered
2011 Touareg Hybrid
91 Posts
I do believe it occurs when it's turned off. Have driven under 1000km since the last oil change in late summer. Had no warning, but recently noticed level was high and removed 1 liter to get it down to max level. Might possibly have overfilled a little when I changed the oil, but nowhere near a liter.
I will keep an eye on it and see if it rises again.

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Ok, thank you for the info. I think one big contributing factor to this problem is I have been driving only short trips since cold season/winter. The engine rarely reaches normal operating temp.
Shouldn't there be a warning when the oil level is too high? So far I have only noticed it by manually checking the trip-computer oil meter and with my dipstick.

Not reaching temp when driving means you're likely washing the cylinders. Bad.

· Registered
9 Posts
I do believe it occurs when it's turned off. Have driven under 1000km since the last oil change in late summer. Had no warning, but recently noticed level was high and removed 1 liter to get it down to max level. Might possibly have overfilled a little when I changed the oil, but nowhere near a liter.
I will keep an eye on it and see if it rises again.
It would be better to drain another liter of oil and add new oil to the maximum level

1081 - 1099 of 1099 Posts