Club Touareg Forum banner

921 - 927 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi. If someone can help me...i have 2 problem with my 2011 hybrid..the first one is sometime when i want to start my car the engine wont start , i hear only one sound like a rotating bearing.take off the ignition and repetat the step the engine start..
And the second problem is my hibrid system ..when i press the e mode button nothing happed but in drive mode the e mode run automaticaly when i remove my foot from has pedal...thx
I noticed mine does this crank but no ignition thing whenever I re-adapt throttle body using vcds. It only happens once after the adaptation, not everyday.

emode should have a green light in the instrument cluster to confirm it is on. Are you getting any error messages?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont have any cel on or error in memory .. in my instrument cluster appear "ready " with green on gas mode and If i press button e-mode dont work

·
Registered
7 Posts
for all those who have problems 2 3 seconds when starting with the chain sound, you should know that it can be solved very easily with 2 valves. Last night I mounted my 2 valves and I don't have any sound when starting . I am very happy that I did not have to change the chain kit as all the workshop advised me

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here is my list of maintenance items, not including routine service which I do at each recommended interval.

Model Year 2011 Hybrid
Bought at 30K miles in 2014
Current mileage about 130K

38K Hybrid system fault - Replaced battery control module
38K flickering daytime running lights - Dealer couldn't replicate
42K Replaced parking brake control module to fix flickering daytime running lights
80K Hybrid system fault/Check engine light - Dealer couldn't replicate, reset codes
85K Hybrid system fault (continuation of the issue at 80K) Replaced power electronics under emissions warranty. (would have been an $8k repair if not covered)
99K TMP sensors starting to run out of battery. Replaced all at the next tire change
104K Coolant leak - Replaced both coolant shut off valves. (bitch of a job, located back of the engine by firewall)
119244 Spark plug failed, they were all due for replacement anyway at the 120k service so had them done then.
Any more information on the Coolant leak issue? I saw your post in another thread and think I may be having a similar issue. My regular mechanic, looked at it today and can see the stain underneath near the bell-housing, but says its dry on top?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any more information on the Coolant leak issue? I saw your post in another thread and think I may be having a similar issue. My regular mechanic, looked at it today and can see the stain underneath near the bell-housing, but says its dry on top?
Coolant leak was fixed by replacing both coolant bypass valves, part of the climate system. Problem is they are hard to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
for all those who have problems 2 3 seconds when starting with the chain sound, you should know that it can be solved very easily with 2 valves. Last night I mounted my 2 valves and I don't have any sound when starting . I am very happy that I did not have to change the chain kit as all the workshop advised me
thanks for the info, this is really helpful. I will do this next time I have the sc off for gear oil change.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Coolant leak was fixed by replacing both coolant bypass valves, part of the climate system. Problem is they are hard to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems I have the same issue. Only one valve was bad, but we are replacing both since the part cost is so relatively small. Also, found a leak at the oil filter housing, which seems a little common on the 3.0T so that is getting replaced as well. Of course the OE part is 3 times the cost of comparable manufacturers.

921 - 927 of 927 Posts