·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No. It's been a total turkey in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your swift reply. I know that the first hybrid launched in the UK was not a success but I thought the new updated model launched in the USA was a huge improvement. Are you saying that this model is also a problem. The reason I ask is that I need to update my Touareg and I think there is a £5000 government grant and low road tax for these hybrid cars.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
3.0 Tdi only here in the UK now - not even the V8 Tdi as it won't pass Euro 6 emissions or somesuch.

Take it or leave it is VW's approach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - trust me, you don't want to own a Touareg Hybrid. I have been forced to begin the painful legal process of having them take mine off the road. The hybrid system has broken down on 5 occasions in the last 2.5 years, and Volkswagen are simply incapable of repairing it. I can no longer put it into hybrid mode manually, and last week, the entire hybrid system broke down, lighting the message "park in the car is a safe location", and, very scarily, the power steering failed simultaneously while travelling at 90 km/h. This is a technology that has completely failed at VW, further proof in the disasterous Golf hybrid from 2015 that they simply cannot get to operate correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts