Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time posting on here, have found tons of good info on my 12' Hybrid however have found anything on the underwhelming OEM exhaust note. I know that the 3L supercharged engine can have an amazing exhaust tone, and am surprised I can't find anyone who has tapped into it. I had the Touareg on the lift today to get the "lay of the land" underneath and noticed it had a quite large mid vehicle muffler inbetween the rear muffler and the cats. Has anyone removed this? Does anyone here have an aftermarket exhaust they have tried and liked? I am not trying to wake the neighbors with a simply loud exhaust, but would like a little more when I have my foot into it.

Wes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's a resonator. Problem is, anything you do on there will make it sound like a pissed off bumblebee

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Several people have removed the suitcase and gone straight through.

There are several threads and some videos too on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't been able to find any referencing the 3.0L in the Hybrid... 4.2 and 3.6 yes no 3.0. I am searching on Tapatalk, maybe I'll try searching on the computer when u get home tonigbt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
scubawes
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing