Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hybrid 2011 has large engine bay covers around the engine. They have large (3-4 cm dia) rubber rings that attach to ball shaped poles in the engine bay area.

Few of them have gotten lost but I can't find the part number to order more. I can only find whole covers second hand - which of course have missing rubber rings.

Does anyone know where to find them? Of course I have an alternative to DIY something but it will not be easy.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,174 Posts
My Hybrid 2011 has large engine bay covers around the engine. They have large (3-4 cm dia) rubber rings that attach to ball shaped poles in the engine bay area.

Few of them have gotten lost but I can't find the part number to order more. I can only find whole covers second hand - which of course have missing rubber rings.

Does anyone know where to find them? Of course I have an alternative to DIY something but it will not be easy.
Engine bay cover or engine cover? Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost like that. The rubber ring is thinner and attached to a plastic frame that slides a bit for better cover fit. I will take a photo soon.

I called to the local dealer and they said that the rubber rings are not separate spare parts - I should buy the full cover set.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Interesting. I noticed on my 2011 Hybrid that two of them are also missing. I don’t see how they could come out by themselves so w thinking they were never installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,174 Posts
Here are the pictures of the rubber ring and the peg. View attachment 252516
View attachment 252515
The number on that part is the key. I can not, no matter what filter I use on the picture, tell exactly what that number is.
In searching around I can't even find any VW part numbers for those surrounding covers. Any idea as to the part #'s being you said you could find them available?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts