Club Touareg Forum banner

HVAC short bursts

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  TeatherWind 
#1 ·
Every time(mostly) I jump in my 2015 Rline and shut the door the hvac throws burst(2-3 secs) of fresh air which is pretty cool and very well thought of by vw engineers.
I'm guessing the logic is obviously to keep the air inside nice and fresh where when the vehicle has been parked for a while and has stale air can be replaced with fresh air.
If you sat in the vehicle for 5-10 mins without starting it will happen during that time again.

You can try this by unlocking and getting in, shutting the door but not start the engine.
Would like to know if anyone else has noticed, experienced this???

#2 ·
That sounds like a simple, yet very clever feature Singh. It is really quite limitless today... it's just a matter of programming one's imagination. I think we will see more and more of these little "enhancements" and very likely more and more that the owner can switch on/off or customise.

#3 ·
Cheers Paul, assume yours behaves the same?
And yes more like this future!

#4 ·
Your "(mostly)"comment reminds me of this Singh - I wonder if anybody else has the same issue...

When I open up the drivers door from the inside when getting out - "Most of the time" the rest of my doors unlock as per the setup in the MFI. ""Most"" of the time...

In talking to VW, apparently a quirk with the software/programming...

Annoying but if that's as bad as it gets, I'm okay with that.

:)

#5 ·
Your "(mostly)"comment reminds me of this Singh - I wonder if anybody else has the same issue... When I open up the drivers door from the inside when getting out - "Most of the time" the rest of my doors unlock as per the setup in the MFI. ""Most"" of the time... In talking to VW, apparently a quirk with the software/programming... Annoying but if that's as bad as it gets, I'm okay with that. :)
Perhaps the engineers want to us to remain amused with our toys ;)

#9 ·
Well looks like you guys will be having trouble gassing yourselves.... i can only imagine this is ultimately what it is for. !!!!!

#10 ·
Now only if i could capture something like this on video, but the gentle burst of air and freshness is only to be experienced:)
Now surely this must be the same on any other MY15 + Touareg, anyone

#11 ·
I read somewhere that the interior of cars that have been sitting in the sun are pretty toxic places ... something to do with the plastics inside heating up and giving off hydrocarbons or some such. The recommendation was to open the window and run the air con for a while to clear the air before closing everything up ... perhaps that is why the 2015 does that.?

#13 ·
is it the vehicle itself or just hvac Teatherwind?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.