Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got to remove the dashboard soon to take a look at the actuators as i've only got cold air on the passenger side and i've read the instructions on the forum and it says to put the HVAC into service postion before you start so is this to put the actuator spindles in the correct position so that you can put them back on easier ? The reason i ask is that i don't have full VAGCOM and i've done the same job on a previous car i had (Jeep Grand Cherokee) and just found i had to manually spin the motor until it was in the correct position.
I know someone with the full VAGCOM but i'm not sure when i'm going to get around to it so though if it IS just a case of it putting the motor in the correct position then i could do the same manual thing i did on the Jeep ?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Service position puts the flaps in a position, so that they and their actuators can be safely removed from their place. The area is very restricted, so, you might or might not be able to do anything "manually" with them.

You'll also need VAG-COM after the repair to reset the basic settings for the temperature flaps and recalibrate the A/C. If you don't do that, you might still not get proper air mixing, despite having replaced the flap motor with a good one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
TouregNewbie
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing