Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new Touareg (VIN 74575) for less than a week and haven't completely studied the manual yet. One question I can't seem to answer is how to completely turn off the radio or cd player when using the NAV system. I push the left on/off knob to start the consol, and either the radio or cd player (which ever I was using last) comes on, then the NAV accept screen. If I'm not interested in music, the only thing that seems to work is to turn the volume all the way down, which seems odd. Any help for this newbie would very much appreciated.

BTW, after 300 miles, I haven't noticed any issues posted on Club Touareg. In particular:

1. I have excellent range with the keyless entry system.

2. No wavy glass on the windshield

3. Battery hasn't died or discharged

4. No windshield condensation (though its not that humid in Fremont, CA)

5. No loud noises in transmission when coming to a stop; it isn't as smooth downshifting as I would expect for a Japanese tranny, but does seem normal

6. All functions work properly. CD NAV system works just fine, even without street level detail. FWIW, at a recent company offsite, my NAV got me to the destination perfectly, a fellow worker with a Porsche and one with a Lexus got lost with theirs!

7. Vehicle tracks almost perfectly on the freeway. If I release the steering wheel, it does track to the right very, very gradually and I never feel that I'm fighting to keep it straight.

These are the items I've specifically looked for, if others have questions re late VIN numbers, I'm happy to answer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Radio Off

Press and hold "BAND"
this will prompt you with "RADIO OFF" . Not sure how to do this from CD.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
No. As long as AUX is selected and she/he doesn't have any audio being input to the AUX, then AUX will remain as the silent audio source and pressing NAV will not change that. NAV directions will still be broadcast at whatever volume is selected.

[wink] regardless of the congestion ahead [/wink]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.