Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a new to me 2014 with RNS 850 and an iPhone 6S. I was hoping to be able to transfer contact addresses to the RNS 850 but I cannot figure it out. I have been scouring youtube, clubtouareg, and google and besides on cursory thread on this site I find no information.

The manual is really bad and appears to suggest this is possible, but the description of what is possible and how to actually do it is lacking.

I have my iPhone paired, I can take calls and stream audio and browse the address book. But, I'd like to save hours of sitting in front of the RNS 850 manually inputting addresses (and at this time would like to not pursue the SD card .vcf method).

Has anyone successfully been able to transfer a navigable address from a BT device to the RNS 850 directory? How did you do it?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This thread

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/rns-850-phone-issues-82493.html

suggested this can be done but I have yet to be successful via bluetooth - and lets agree that this is much more useful that via SD card. I don't need 500+ contacts in my treg, I just need the top 20 and the ability to know how to do this quickly for those on-the-go situations where new addresses pop up via SMS and e-mail etc.

Thanks guys,

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, to provide more info, what I am trying to do is navigate to addresses on my iPhone instead of typing the, in. Yes, my phone is paired and I can browse the iPhone directory in phone mode in the rns but addresses are not navigable. The manual shows phonebool contacts with a checkered flag indicating entries you can navigate to. I do not see the checkered flag icon.

So I tried importing my entire phone book again and 613 out ot 613 addresses transferred. When viewing he navigation directory I see none of these.

So I created new test entires in my iPhone with meticulously created addresses with correct postal votes act and he rns 850 navy still doesn't recognize them as navigable address.

Is there a hard reset for the system? My Treg is. Pre owned 2014 so maybe a factory reset could help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts