Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know what the equivalent of the "paper clip" trick on the T1/T2 is for the T3?

Brought my Treg in for service a couple days ago (sluggish nav system). They tried to fix it and bricked the unit. After a couple of days of stuffing my face full of food, I decided to get out of the house...found a dead treg in my garage.

·
Administrator
4,376 Posts
I think you have to get sufficient battery voltage on it to release the solenoid.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the challenge I'm facing with the key in ignition, once it gains a bit of a charge the thing tries to come to life then tries to start on its own...why i put the key I have no idea..I never use it.

I'll try an HD set of booster cables tomorrow. Why VW thinks locking the key in these situations is well beyond me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ignition Key Emergency Release
If the voltage supply in the vehicle has been interrupted, the ignition
key can be removed by actuating the emergency release.
– Press the switch -arrow- with a screwdriver and hold it.
– The key is now unlocked and can be removed from the access/start authorization switch.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't seem to see anything that looks like a slot or hole. If you have the photo you can post by clicking "go advanced' button beside the "post quick reply" button, then "manage attachments", then you'll be able to add in a photo via attachment

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For whatever reason mine doesn't have the hole. Managed to release it this morning after I got a full charge on the batt.

Now the bigger question is what caused the drain (the bricked nav unit?) back to the dealer it goes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts