Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question for this great place......:D

I am still isolating a water leak where some water enters the firewall from the bulk head into the drivers side footwell.
I have already eliminated problems with the gutters, roof rack rail and windshield seal failure. The bulk head drain seems to drain fine as well.

So I want to remove the fuse box on the drivers side under the hood to access the area below.
Can someone provide me with some instructions on how to do this if at all possible?
I have taken pictures on the position off all the plugs and disconnected them, that is as far as I have gone sofar.

btw, I have done a search but came up empty.

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had another look at the possibility of removing the fuse box and decided to just leave it.

So I went to plan B.
I remember I had this old Appliance crevice tool laying around.
This tool would be able to reach the bottom of the bulkhead and other areas without removing anything. So with the help of compressed air blowing in other areas I was able to pick up a lot of debris often plugging the end of the vacuum tool and by repeating and repeating I got a lot of crap out of the bottom.

Tomorrow I will put water at it and check for any leaks in the footwell......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.