Club Touareg Forum banner

How to remove driver's seat rear panel

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ChemStyle 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have a 2015 Touareg and I want to find out how to remove the plastic panel on the back of the driver's seat.

It looks like there have been a couple of previous postings on this, but no responses to them.

My problem is that I think the lumbar support on the driver's seat does not expand out as much as on the passenger side, so I want to see if I can get any extra padding in (which I have done on other cars), or adjust it.

As it is still under warranty I have tried the dealer, but in typical fashion they can no see anything wrong with it.

Thanks

#2 ·
Personally I'd would take the car to a car upholsterer and have a chat with the guy/girl as to what you want. They'd be in a much better position to help you.

#4 ·
Hi Njord,

Many thanks for that, but there is no button on my Touareg to release the headrest.

The only button I have is on the side of the headrest itself to allow it to go up/down and forward/back.

I will keep trying, but might resort to asking at a VW garage - will then no doubt have a Spanish inquisition as to why I want to take it off!

Thanks again,

Ken

#5 ·
Hi Njord,

Many thanks for that, but there is no button on my Touareg to release the headrest.

The only button I have is on the side of the headrest itself to allow it to go up/down and forward/back.

I will keep trying, but might resort to asking at a VW garage - will then no doubt have a Spanish inquisition as to why I want to take it off!

Thanks again,

Ken
Ken, this time the text appeared in English. I guess it's done by robot. (coz the headrest called restraint, and there is nothing to cut :) )
Example on the passenger side.
The analysis of the backrest of the front seat begins with the removal of the head restraint. To do this, you need to press the buttons (on the left side, if you sit behind), which are under the black decorative cover, on the back where the chrome pin moves. It's useless to remove the stub itself.
Then unfasten the rear plastic cover.
As you can see from the photo, you should first cut it off from the sides, then lifting it upwards, to undo the lower part.
Then remove the clips that hold the skin itself. On the right they are removable, and on the left type of "Christmas tree" to remove neslomav unrealistic. In general, take off and do not worry, in any store they are, diameter 8mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.