Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just read this and Nick you are incorrect...Porsche has no problem performing warranty work on an imported US car. VW does not perform original warranty work on 2009 or newer for an imported US car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another good suggestion is to find a Canadian dealer that will charge you a "finders fee" and handle all the leg work on importing a Touareg for you. Many franchise and indpendant dealers across Canada buy cars in the US and import them to Canada. It all depends on the exchange rates and demand.
The trend is the reverse right now because there is a shortage in the US of good used cars. Many of the dealer auctions in boarder states have "Previous Canadian lanes".

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
On the P-Car warranty thing..I know a dealer in the GTA would do warranty work on US vehicles that THEY imported...so I think its best for anyone to just do their homework and check with local dealers on the specific vehicle they are looking to import. Things change and it likely that they have since I last bought a p-car south of the border 5 years ago.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Audi Dealer in Toronto pre-emptively replaced a catalytic converter Factory TSB on our Boston-originated A4, no charge at scheduled service interval. Catalytic went in my brother's A4 north of the city where it wasn't done, and he was quoted $4-5k out of warranty/mileage period. I guess it depends on age/mileage of vehicle and whether a dealer wants to or knows how to apply to German HQ for TSB refund in the course of normal product support. Many VW dealers it seems do not. Mine certainly doesn't. When I finally got through to VW AG, they told me to contact my local dealer!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
19 Participants
NIKAS
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing