Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining a lot up here lately and found my driver side C-Pillar in the back all drenched this afternoon... Saw a little bit of water a few months back but since it was still freezing (-10C) with a few rain episodes, thought it may have been condensation...

Having been through the same issue years ago on a Mark IV Jetta, my bet was on a sunroof drain issue. Too bad money was not involved as I was clearly a disconnected drain. Not sure why VW always puts very short drain lines who contract in winter time and get disconnected... money?

So if you run into the same issue, here are the steps to fix this. No tools required beside a flashlight.

1- First open your trunk and pull back the cover.
2- Remove the pillar liners on both sides of the trunk. They use metal clips to stay in place so a good pull should do the job. Don't jiggle it too much as the clips may fall in the fender and be impossible to recover.
3- Pull down on the roof liner to be able to get access to the drain line. Here is what it looks like:

As you can see on the picture, mine was clearly disconnected and water dripping from the ball-like connector on the roof liner and running into the C pillar liner.

4- Pull a little on the line and reconnect to the ball-like connector.
5- Now put the roof liner back by pushing on clips you may have undone. Check to make sure the trunk door seal is covering the edge of the liner.
6- Put the pillar liners back. I left mine off to allow the liners to dry off for a few days.

As we say in French, voila!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Picture not working . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts