Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Treggers,
I decided to pin a new thread because already two participants were asking similar questions. A separate thread, to make your search easy. Sorry, if I posted it in a wrong place. For attention of those who is eager to learn more about their Treg trim package or about a potential purchase. I think I have a temporary solution for you until you'll find proper instrument in English. The method is a bit complicated and time consuming.
First, visit this page in Russian language www.vincarfax.ru/taxonomy/term/703
Insert your VIN into the field right in the middle and then press bottom "Расшифровать". This is online service, free of charge. Once you get a list of 3-digits codes, disregard text in Russian, open a new page http://www.igorweb.org/equidec/default.aspx
copy and insert each and every 3-digits code one by one (or altogether separated by semicolon, see detailed instructions) into working field and press "Decode". You'll get item description in English. I checked both resources and test with my own VIN - it works perfectly. Hope you'll find this info useful and meaningful and this text is clear to understand. Sorry, for my weird English.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Good effort but regrettably the site is blocked by my anti-virus.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think mine is over sensitive but as I'm not a techno geek if anything goes wrong with my PC, I play safe!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, of course. It's up to individual's discretion. I just tried to offer real opportunity when nothing better is available and to be helpful with this matter. I had no intention to subject somebody's assets to undue risks. Anyway, if a man do need this info, he may go to internet cafe and use a public computer for his inquiries. But it will be funny, if somebody will dare and confirm that he do no harm to himself and a few days later I'll find a new thread by you at mytreg.com with the reference made to this link.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tai101, I do not force anybody to check. Nobody is obliged to put his comp into the risk. My message is: Just remember such an opportunity exists. As I said my antivirus programs didn’t alert me. I have ESET Endpoint for working comps and McAfee for private one. I bought my laptop one month ago so for sure the database is up-to-date. This site targets potential buyers of second hand cars from NA market. I don’t believe they would compromise their business in such way.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
tai101, I do not force anybody to check. Nobody is obliged to put his comp into the risk. My message is: Just remember such an opportunity exists. As I said my antivirus programs didn’t alert me. I have ESET Endpoint for working comps and McAfee for private one. I bought my laptop one month ago so for sure the database is up-to-date. This site targets potential buyers of second hand cars from NA market. I don’t believe they would compromise their business in such way.
I am not "forcing" anyone to do anything, I simply asked someone else with a good anti-virus program to see if it would set off the anti-virus program. I am not good with computers at all and if I did get a virus, I would not know how to remove it. Obviously it is up to other user's discretion as to whether or not they want to take on the risk.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, of course. It's up to individual's discretion. I just tried to offer real opportunity when nothing better is available and to be helpful with this matter. I had no intention to subject somebody's assets to undue risks.
It's okay, I definitely wasn't thinking you were intent of putting me at risk - far from it!!:D My anti-virus is a pain at times.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4ePikanini,

I tested your link with my VIN, that's what I've got:
General Information
Region Spain!!!?
Year 2009
Serial Number NNNNNN
Information
No additional data for that VIN

They wrote it is a beta version :-(

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It's okay, I definitely wasn't thinking you were intent of putting me at risk - far from it!!:D My anti-virus is a pain at times.
For some reason Njords post, the one you quoted is not showing up in the thread. Anyways just wanted to say that I know NJord wasn't trying to cause any trouble, its why I said it would make an excellent sticky otherwise

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ah well just need a owners manual to decipher all the goodies I have and how to use them. Got more buttons than a 707 by the looks of things here and try to figure out things at nigh is not a good idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts