Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and a newbie to my '08 V10. My Touareg only seems to support up to 2GB SD cards and I want more. I also want to use the in-dash DVD player for music. So a few questions I couldn't find the answers to searching here:

- Can I copy music to the ~18GB hard drive in the dash? If so, how? There is not mention of how to use the hard drive in the manuals (I just paid 80 bucks for the manuals in English as I bought the car in Germany...what a waste!). If its possible, how? When I press the HDD button on the touchscreen, nothing happens, its just grayed out.

- Can I copy the Nav DVD contents to the hard disk so that I can then use the DVD player for CDs while still having Nav function?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

P.S. If there is documentation on this somewhere, I'd love to know where.

·
Lifetime Member
266 Posts
Some Nav units will "cache" the route once calculated and then you can replace the DVD with CD, etc.

Wish I had the RNS-510 in my rig to be more of a help...

·
Registered
185 Posts
The nav maps should be loaded onto the hdd allready.
Try taking the nav dvd out, turning it off and back on again then pressing the navigation button?
If not sounds like your hdd has not been initilzed.
The dealer should have done this with a dvd on pdi. This loads the map and then they put the units serial number in to activate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nav on HDD works

Thanks guys. This forum is great. I took the DVD out and it works fine. Sorry I didn't check before posting. Apparently I have 18GB left, but I still can't figure out how to copy music to it. The HDD tab on the touchscreen is there but its grayed out. When i touch it, nothing happens. Do I need to put a bunch of MP3s on a DVD to copy it over or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts