Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to go car shopping. What colour outside? What colour inside? V6 or V8? Time is running out on our Pathy lease , we have a junior guy who sits in back, we get lots of snow in upstate NY and we have a boat to tow. The only thing I hate about the V6 is the steel exhaust (ugly). The wife is all about price but with the weight of the T-egg, I can maximize an IRS deduction and use it as business car even though it will be her car. I was all set to get an FX34\45 until we bought a boat then towing became an issue. When we test drive this weekend, what are some of the "Bad-Egg" VIN # ranges to steer clear of?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the consensus was to stay above 20-30k on the vins. Do a search I wasn't entirely sure of the answer. I have heard people say get the 8 for towing - I have an eight but haven't towed with a 6 or and 8.

I am fond of the reflex silver with xanthracyte or whatever the dark leather color is.

Have fun,
Jeff

·
Registered
866 Posts
neo47 said:
Time to go car shopping. What colour outside? What colour inside? V6 or V8? Time is running out on our Pathy lease , we have a junior guy who sits in back, we get lots of snow in upstate NY and we have a boat to tow. The only thing I hate about the V6 is the steel exhaust (ugly). The wife is all about price but with the weight of the T-egg, I can maximize an IRS deduction and use it as business car even though it will be her car. I was all set to get an FX34\45 until we bought a boat then towing became an issue. When we test drive this weekend, what are some of the "Bad-Egg" VIN # ranges to steer clear of?
If it's a good sized boat, then get the V8 and Air Suspension for towing - you could probably get by without them, but would be better off with them. For just snow, even my base V6 works great - but you need to make sure you get good tires for snow. While it's a gross generalization, get as high a Vin as you can that has the options/features you want. (Some folks with very low vins have had very few problems, but one can't deny that later builds will have more of the 'known' issues resolved at the factory.)

I too like the Reflex Silver with Anthracite - but this is so subjective it's almost silly to ask the opinion here. You really need to look at the available colors and pick a combo that you are happy with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.