Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Search Results for ‘Hi guys my 2007 touareg does not charge phones via 12v sockets if key is off how do I change this or is there a 12v socket I can use without switching on my car’
Hello and welcome to the forums.
At the risk of draining down the battery by accident, you could run your own wired 12v lighter socket to a constant 12v point in the fuse box and place the socket in a convenient spot.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
just use a little “juice box” which is made for charging smartphones anywhere. The one I have has worked great for years already for charging smartphone and tablet when I was away from electricity.

·
Registered
2014 VR6 Exec
342 Posts

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
To add to this, you can also get the following or something similar, which cuts off power if the battery gets too low. I use it as a safety for my constant-on dashcam.
That's a great alternative. I like that it has power cutoff to prevent too much battery drain.

Reactions: gryhnd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just use a little “juice box” which is made for charging smartphones anywhere. The one I have has worked great for years already for charging smartphone and tablet when I was away from electricity.
Here are some self-explanatory photos. Although mine is a T3, yours will be similar. Look for the fuse at right hand side of car. Redirect the 12v IN to one that is Fulltime 12v OUT.

View attachment 253330 View attachment 253331 View attachment 253332
[/QUOTE]
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forums.
At the risk of draining down the battery by accident, you could run your own wired 12v lighter socket to a constant 12v point . the fuse box and place the socket in a convenient spot.
ok thanks thought there was a fuse or something simple I needed to change

1 - 7 of 7 Posts