Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve Recently Purchased purchased a Touareg 7p52pj 2013 3.0 Tdi and I can’t find a way to change the time on my cluster I searched the internet but I think it’s the infotainment system I bought mine with aftermarket android system so is there anther way of doing it. thanks ahead I’ll put a picture for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
It's changed via the 'Setup' button on the RNS850, and can be set to auto-update by GPS signal. How you change it without the original center stack, I dunno. VCDS maybe?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Can you show a photo of the Android unit and a model number. This may lead to instructions for time setting.

Pete.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8 - Air Suspension, Diff Lockers
14 Posts
Generic Android stereos will not do it; you need one that is made for VW vehicles as a "Direct fit". Even then most aftermarket stereos cannot transmit on the CAN BUS and only read from it. Do you see music/nav info displayed on the Instrument Cluster MFD screen when you use the stereo? If so then it is transmitting and there is a chance you could set the time using the stereo. You could also check the wiring diagram for you stereo and see if it has a CAN TX connection. Even if it is transmitting the stereo will need to support setting the time in the correct encoding format. Chances are you are out of luck.

I remember reading a while ago that VCDS (RossTech) could be used to set clock on 2008> models. Otherwise its dealer time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts