Club Touareg Forum banner

How many T3 3.0 TDi peeps are or plan to get

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  yrktreg 
#1 ·
tuned?

Just curious on how much I want to focus my efforts on a tuned TCM for a tuned ECU, or a tuned TCM for a stock ECU or both :nerd:

You can just post up stock or not-stock/ tuned, tooned, t00ned, etc :grin2:

#5 ·
Thank You!
Here's a borrowed quote from a friends website regarding chipping and warranty"
Question: Will chipping void my warranty?
Answer:"Normally, no, because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, if you have a warranty claim, the dealer (or warrantor) must prove that the part that you modified directly caused the failure. For example, if you chipped your car and the air bag light comes on, then the car is still under warranty. On top of that we have done everything possible to make sure that our products are compatible with factory and other scan tools."

Now if the turbo goes south, or a DPF or something like that it all depends on how mod friendly the dealer is from my experience.

The TCM tune will be nearly impossible to find, so that is something that can be done in a couple of weeks when I am finished my testing.

The ECU tune is easier to detect as there are flash counters, and the dealer tools can log/ test torque and horsepower levels.

Hope this helps...

#4 ·
2013 post-fix. Stage 2 Malone.
Just picked up a 2014 Q5, I don't plan on tuning it.

IMHO, while the acceleration is great once the thing gets going, it makes for a surgey, less refined vehicle.
The only time I'd want the tune is while passing on 2-lane roads with little room to pass. Fuel consumption around town is also a bummer after a tune. I don't regret it but I'm not in awe neither.

_MK

#7 ·
Thank you!

I'm surprised at your opinion of the Malone tune.
Have you contacted them to see if they can revise it for you?
Mark is a perfectionist so I know he will make it perfect for you.
A lot of times people actually get better mileage, if you can keep your foot out of it that is :)

I am currently working with a tuner so that we will be able to offer tool rentals for people that either have the ZF trans like in your Q5 where the TCM is part of the valve body and is built in, or people that don't want to have to take their TCM out and swap them with a tuned unit.

Stay tuned better shifts are coming :grin2:

#9 ·
yes i want to customize my tcm....always room for improvement, got plenty of power just need better and smarter trans coding

#12 ·
yes faster and much firmer the aisin seems to be very soft between shifts......another huge thing is kick down lag id like to get rid of that or reduce it.....In drive it seems to have a bunch of time thinking when you want to get moving in certain gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.