Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering how many miles people have on their 3.0 TDI's? With nothing major as far as internal motor repair.

I put a lot of miles on my T2, since October I've gone from 86k to 110k..

Want to make sure I don't drive this thin into the ground long before its paid off. I'm looking at buying a beetle Tdi to eat up most of the miles as a daily.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was pretty sure you posted a pic of my TReg.

I think I just clicked past 165000 on mine. The only major maintenance I've had to do is rebuild the A/C. It seemed the salt finally killed the system with cancer. I've just married my preventive maintenance up with the owners manual and never really had an issue with anything. I also do one upgrade a year to make it "new to me". This year I'm dong something to fix the horrible tinny sound to the stereo system.

The total miles on my three VW"s (don't tell my wife I called her Q7 a VW) is over 425,000 miles. When one reaches 300,000, I'll trade it in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope that's my baby. Haha.

I have a tune, dpf delete, and have longer air suspension arms to create a lower stance and a higher lift. I'm not worried about the ac, or the air suspension. I'd prolly just lower it with coils and buy a 4wd truck if the air went out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have 130,000 on mine. No engine issues or internal motor repairs needed. All maintenance done according to VW schedule.

Minor problems include, (1) fuel filter canister leak in first year, (2) failure of door lock/unlock switch in last 24 months, (3) failure of rear hatch open/close switch/button in last 24 months, (4) stereo surround sound problem recently fixed with software update.

Brake longevity was simply incredible for me. I replaced my brakes and rotors for the first time at approximately 110,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Brake longevity was simply incredible for me. I replaced my brakes and rotors for the first time at approximately 110,000 miles.
Tremendous. I'm at 85k and brakes are fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I bought it I did my front brakes, transmission fluid and filter, fuel filter, oil change and air filters change.

I have had a couple issues with the stereo RNS-510? My cluster didn't come on the other day until the nav started up. I also might get an Eco sometimes but only over the radio.

I'm a mechanic and specialize in VW and Audis main focus on TDI's and can handle any repair but the cost of doing internal work is still high not to mention this is my only vehicle and down time is not an option

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I did my brakes at 86k the inner pads were quite close to gone, outers looked "fine" so make sure..

My next brake job I'm going to upgrade to 6 piston Porsche calipers as I can get them $150 each and return mine as cores ($350ea)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen people having issues with the timing chain tensioners as early as 98k..

I wonder if this is just poor maintenance.

I just switched to 5w40 505 00, being I don't have a dpf and don't need the low ash 507. The 505 00 has more lubricants and obviously a higher viscosity. Hoping that will help, it seems quieter so that's good. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Reactions: jagerauto

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wait, I can fix the crappy sound with a software update?

He's got a T3, the firmware update to the head unit fixed some sound issues. I don't think the same applies to your T2.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have 70k on mine things replaced water pump first 5k,2 downstream sensors,entire fuel system at 52k due to hpfp coming apart internally and had turbo replaced at 56k.

·
Registered
144 Posts
He's got a T3, the firmware update to the head unit fixed some sound issues. I don't think the same applies to your T2.
Thanks for destroying my hopes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts