Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day my brother asked me how long will i keep the Touareg!!!... "As long as it will last.... lets say 8-9 years" thats what i said... well mine is a 2009 model... was wondering what others have to say?????

Just a random question!!!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ive had mine for 5 years now and have had pretty much no issues. I plan on keeping it until I crash it or die...lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lot's of members with 2004's still kicking with a lot of miles. Some might say how much are you willing to pay to take care of it and keep it alive? I'm hoping for many years (but I always say that). Longest I ever had 1 vehicle was 18 years. That was an old 78 Jeep J-10, but it only had about 130k miles on it (20k of that on a rebuilt engine). In the next 10 years it is a possibility, we could see some form of tax (emission/klunker) influence how long we keep a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Mine is six years old and I've had it for two of the those years. I can't imagine driving another SUV. So I'm thinking I'll have mine for 10 years plus. I'll always have a small car hanging around; I've been thinking about buying a Porsche 914 of late. But the Touareg will be the workhorse, carting dogs around, Tahoe trips. If the unforeseen happens I'd get another used v10 in a snap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is six years old and I've had it for two of the those years. I can't imagine driving another SUV. So I'm thinking I'll have mine for 10 years plus. I'll always have a small car hanging around; I've been thinking about buying a Porsche 914 of late. But the Touareg will be the workhorse, carting dogs around, Tahoe trips. If the unforeseen happens I'd get another used v10 in a snap.
my plan is the same... use my V6 for 6 years everyday and then just use the T-Reg for off-roading only and buy something fast... but ya one thing is for sure i didn't buy the T-Reg to drive on road but use it to kick any Japanese or american suv's ass off-road..... in style

·
Registered
783 Posts
my 06, other than a couple bugs in the beginning is acting ageless. I also plan also keeping it for a long, long time

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Mine is a 2004 V8 and I have owned it over 4 years.
I am at about 131k now (bought it with 29k) and still love it most of the time.
Probably drive it till it hits 200k or so

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mine is 2004 V8 with 63,000 kms..had it since new, always in garage...I'd say at least till 2014. If no major troubles probably even longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I keep my cars for a long time normally. Life of a TDi is estimated at 300,000 miles + so we have a way to go even if they are towing miles. As the car gets older depreciation becomes less but repairs can get to be more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just the other day my brother asked me how long will i keep the Touareg!!!... "As long as it will last.... lets say 8-9 years" thats what i said... well mine is a 2009 model... was wondering what others have to say?????

Just a random question!!!!!!

Mine as well is a 2009 and that is my thought as well, I am 52 and looking at it being one of the last cars I will buy, I love it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine as well is a 2009 and that is my thought as well, I am 52 and looking at it being one of the last cars I will buy, I love it.
nice to know there is someone in for good...the interesting this is ..... i am 25 and its is in a way the first car i bought myself ... i also plan to use at-least for 8 years... in the first year i have pilled up 40,000 km ... so in 8 years ... 320,000 km ... maintaining will be a b#$%# ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2004 V8 Touareg that already has the timing belt and waterpump maintenance updated. It has 81k miles on it and I bout it for $14,999. Still have roughly 13k miles on the tires still and the thing runs beautifully. But I just got it yesterday so only time will tell.

****ty thing is that the speakers don't work... waiting for the dealer to call me back with an answer as to why this was not mentioned before hand. But I am hoping to get at least 5 years out of it at roughly 9k miles a year. Hopefully won't have to pay more than $3k over that time period but if I have to, I will. I love this thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had mine since new. I bought it Nov of 2004 but it is a 2005 model. I have just under 90K miles on it now. I plan on keeping it as long as I can or until the repairs get out of control. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
481,231 kms is my guess.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I like your thinking Nickm.....If well kept, I'd hope 200k

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
481,231 kms wow thats long .... my plan is up to 300,000 km ... or more till it dies on me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts