Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the lights turn with the steering, and that they have cornering lights, but how does the auto-leveling work? How often do they auto-level? Only when they do their start up routine? If you're driving up a hill, will they auto-level?

Do they also incorporate "Town Light", "Country Light", "Motorway Light" and "Adverse Weather Light"? I haven't been able to detect any of these being activated.

I did notice the other day that both cornering lights come on and stay on when in low range and drive.

Reactions: mohamad.sy

·
Registered
58 Posts
The up and down auto-leveling is controlled by transducers that are connected to the suspension. When the car dips or squats, the HID's will lower or raise the beam by motors in the light body. It's working as long as the lights are on. The "auto" leveling action that you see is only a self check/calibration action. If you leave the lights on and turn off the engine. The next time you start the car, it will calibrate (or auto level, as most people erroneously call it). If you turn on the lights after you started the car, you won't see the lights move. This last explanation applies to my R32 and my Touareg.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they are continuously auto-leveling - good to know.

Question: if you accidentally moved one of the projectors when replacing a bulb, will it reset during the calibration?

Still hoping to get an answer on the various AFS modes.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn`t anyone have some insight into the AFS implementation on Touaregs? Specifically whether Town, Country, Motorway and Adverse Weather is implemented?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts