Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not that kind of high! ELEVATION, silly!

Drove to Many Parks Curve in Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado, USA) this weekend. They keep the road open to this spot during the winter.

Aprox 9,710 ft according to the GPS. That's 2,959 meters for the rest of the world. When the road opens in Spring, I'll be able to get up to the full 12,000+ feet.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
I only went to about 8K ft when I went to Alta today, but I have had it over Imogene Pass in Southern CO. I think that is over 13K ft. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
I went over Vail pass on the way home from Vail last night. That's over 10,500 feet at the summit. There was another T3 tdi following me all the way up and over as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
What radio is that, TeatherWind?

Everyone else: Pictures or it didn't happen! :- p
Oh I have been up and over Imogene a few times in both my 04 and my 10. Aircooled will vouch for that sans pictures. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Loveland Pass Colorado this afternoon, 11960 feet. image-3686114425.jpg

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Highest ever was 14,120ft at the top of Mosquito Pass in Colorado.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What were you hauling that they didn't let you through the tunnels? LOL!
I was snowboarding at Keystone and decided to just hop over the pass instead of heading all the way back down through Dillon to just sit in traffic on the hill to the tunnels. Then I remembered about this thread when I was almost to the top and took a quick snap of the nav screen when I was at the highest point.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Highest ever was 14,120ft at the top of Mosquito Pass in Colorado.
Mosquito Pass is only 13,185'. I believe you're thinking of the top of Mt Evans, which is 14,120' and the highest paved road in North America.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts