Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in Canada the 2015 / 2016 come with Goodyear Eagle LS all season tires. I had these on my Jetta and thought they were the worst tires ever. What are they like on the Touareg, any comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I had the tires for about 8,000 miles, from 16,226 to 22,000 miles and in the rain and even the 10"+ snow, they were good tires. I had no problems with them. I had hit a chunk of metal that but a couple of big holes in the tire so I had to get four new tires but I probably had about 5,000 miles left in them. I now have the three in the basement as spares.

My wife has them now on her 2015 and they are still good, quiet and do well in the rain.

I would not pay for them new as Goodyear has them priced above just about every other tire out there, but they will be good for at least 25,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I didn't like them on my 2012 Touareg and I replaced them after 18,500 miles with Michelin Latitude Tour HPs as recommended by others on these boards. The Michelin is a really good tire for the Touareg. On my new 2016 I got Goodyears again.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I will not go back to Goodyear LS2 tires. Had them on my T1 but on the T3...not so good. I do have Conti DWS tires now. Good tires. On second set but I am about to replace. Considering the new Conti DWS 06 tire and the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus...emphasis on the 'Plus' as it is a much different tire than the OEM version.

Those are the Top 2 for 20-inchers on Tire Rack.

I would consider the Michelin HP Tour but is it just okay for snow and ice.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My experience on 2013 was fine. Nothing special.

My dealer parts guy recommends the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus....I've had good luck with Nokian WR and WRG2.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
All season tires are a compromise so they aren't so good in the summer as summer tires nor as good in the winter as winter tires.

Even here in the far milder UK, I run my cars with two sets of wheels - summers and proper winters.

Yes, the initial cost of a winter set can set you back a bob or two, as we say here, but while they are on the car, you're not wearing out the other set of rubber and the difference in performance in terms of grip and braking in tricky conditions is well worth the outlay in my book.

A set of proper winters may well be the difference between stopping in time, or not . . .

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just a quick note on my experience. These were factory installed on my 2014 Lux TDI. At 26,000 miles, the tread is starting to peel off in many places, even though there is still probably a few thousand miles before it reaches the tire wear indicator bars. So I am not impressed and will very soon replace them with something better, probably Michelin Latitudes or Pirelli Scorpion Verdes. Any recommendations on which is better?

·
Registered
454 Posts
In my opinion they are an acceptable all season if you live in Florida. The first time I drove them on light snow I pulled out the wallet and ordered a set of snows. So far in warmer weather, I have no complaints, but I haven't put too many miles on them yet.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have the same experience with my 12 TDI. 27000 miles and I replaced with Michelin Latitudes. IMO a better tire,but I can't vouch for them in the snow,since I go south in the winter. I am surprised at how high the GY's are priced.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you choose the N spec and keep them off snow, then, the tire is quiet and smooth with suitable tread wear for the Touareg.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the OEM Scorpion Verde tires. Don't get them. They were good when new, but as I am approaching 25,000 miles they are getting much noisier and have poor traction even in light snow. I have read on here the Verde Plus is much better.

I will be choosing between the Verde Plus and the Latitude before we get any snow next winter. I just don't get enough snow to bother with winter tires, so I will just have to keep some fairly fresh all seasons on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts