Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK-
Lets see if I can get someone to answer because my search of the web has revealed nothing. My 2016 Treg has what I would bet is the original map database. The version info is:

Media version:
HN+ US VW P0738

Navigation database version:
7P6060884D NAR 6.13.2

The VW parts website lists two SD cards for sale, an activation card and a database card. I'm assuming that since my unit is already working, activation is not required. So....do I purchase the map update SD card, plug it in and follow the instructions?

I have updated data bases in other autos and at least I could find the process on line. There isn't even any discussion of updating a data base in the factory RNS-850 manual (weird).

Anyway, I'm prepared to spend the money, but V10 is only one available.. do they come out each year and if so when will the next version be available? The dealership is unable to help me.....

Thanks for any help you have time to offer

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK-
Lets see if I can get someone to answer because my search of the web has revealed nothing. My 2016 Treg has what I would bet is the original map database. The version info is:

Media version:
HN+ US VW P0738

Navigation database version:
7P6060884D NAR 6.13.2

The VW parts website lists two SD cards for sale, an activation card and a database card. I'm assuming that since my unit is already working, activation is not required. So....do I purchase the map update SD card, plug it in and follow the instructions?

I have updated data bases in other autos and at least I could find the process on line. There isn't even any discussion of updating a data base in the factory RNS-850 manual (weird).

Anyway, I'm prepared to spend the money, but V10 is only one available.. do they come out each year and if so when will the next version be available? The dealership is unable to help me.....

Thanks for any help you have time to offer
See this post http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/usa-rns850-map-update-v12-279769-13.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts