Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm getting a sticking feeling once in a while after driving the vehicle (usually after I drive it a little harder than usual)... when I am pulling back into my underground parking and doing tight turns at low speeds the rear wheels and/or differential is binding up and sticking. What could cause this issue?

Some of the other issues I notice with the vehicle is that the right front abs sensor, the back brake-light switch, and all the park assist sensors are showing as a fault code when vw did a diagnostic. Also, when I bought it 2 years ago it had a new rear propellor shaft. I've also replaced the steering rack and pinion (vw recommended that because they said it was loose). And a right rear coil spring was just replaced. The vehicle also feels like it has very stiff or heavy steering, especially at slower speeds like parking lot situations or downtown driving.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To tell you the truth, I have never had a service done to any of the differentials... and when I asked VW about that, they said that this type of vehicle shouldn't need any service and you could mess with the seals if you open them up to service them.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Some vehicles of your vintage had stepper motor issues.

·
Learner
5,361 Posts
I too seem to have rear diff issues so will get it pulled apart to replace bearings etc
Quite sure its not stepper motor but the diff... Grinding when turning left esp cold starts
Last oil change showed some metal

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What makes you think the differential is bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts