Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been trying to sell their Treg recently, or not so recently? Man, it is dead out there.:rolleyes:

I've got a super tidy '13 180Kw with great options and only recently (now I've dropped the price considerably) has there been much interest.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to discuss it publicly. Maybe we need a support group.

"hi, my name is xxx and I'm trying to sell a Touareg..."o_O

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi there, I recently was able to move on my ‘14 V6 TDi, well optioned 4XMOTION, only was on the market 3-4 weeks. I got near to my asking price, condition was very good, full service history and someone that wanted to buy it. You only need one buyer, but the price has to be right to get people to look in the first place. Check the Redbook.com.au for initial guidance. Numbers are scary for a seller there. Check Carsales.com.au to compare for your state what others are asking for similar cars, kms etc.

Not sure if you’re in Aus but those sites are for Aus people. Equivalent in other countries same principles.

Make sure you’re car looks attractive on price amongst the others on offer. If it’s not, people wont come to you.

Good luck.

Pete.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, it did sell quickly, but the buyer had no clue what 4XMOTION meant as compared to 4MOTION so it sold because it was/is a really nice condition car, with full service history, new tyres and low kilometers - 58,000kms at time of the sale. I think it could have been two wheel drive for all it mattered to these buyers. It is probable at the time of them selling it whenever they do in the future, that they will likely incorrectly list it and the next buyer will likely also be oblivious to its unicorn status.Ha ha :D

Pete

·
Learner
4,822 Posts
Hopefully a buyer will come along soon.
New car sales are way down for sure so that would reflect in used cars as well.
You can throw a link to your ad here

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put my brothers 07 BKS with air, Q7 brakes, v10 interior and paddle shift and a few other things with 300,xxxkm up for sale for him on Facebook and it sold in 10 days surprisingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, the market is quiet. It’s also this time of year making it extra quiet. I recently sold my CX9 to make way for my ordered Toureg and I didn’t get one bite until it was on the lower range of what redbook said its private price was. My car was immaculate. When the buyer saw it, they bought it straight away. Buyers are savvy and the market is soft. But if the price is right and fair, it will sell quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully a buyer will come along soon.
New car sales are way down for sure so that would reflect in used cars as well.
You can throw a link to your ad here
Thanks, yep fingers crossed, ;)🤞

Got a new toy in mind and I’m keen to move this one on. It’s an excellent car, just too nice for me to rough up off road.

‘13 Grey, V6 TDI, Driver Assistant Pack, Sports Interior (no wood...yay!!!), Pano roof, Surround sound camera, full service history, brakes done, 2nd owner.

Click for carsales ad

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's normal market forces, if the asset (car/house/boat/truck etc) is priced correctly it will sell...
An example 2 weeks ago I traded my midnight blue 2016 180 TDI with driver assist (no sunroof), genuine tow bar, 96K's, new tyres and full history for $33K on a new CR.
The car yard has it listed at $39,990, but they'll struggle to get that I recon.
I assumed I'd get no more than $33-$34 privately as the hassle of people getting a car loan for a private sale for that kind of money needs to be factored in.
Not many people have a lazy $30K lying around to buy a car.
Plus there's the whole I don't want to pay you until you give me the car, but I don't want to give you the car until I get paid chicken and egg nonsense.
Therefore I jumped at the trade offer especially as another dealer only offered me $31K.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes that sounds good logic and numbers looks about right, there is always the other side of the ledger too that dealers tamper with and seemingly give a good trade in price but recover their shortfall by keeping the new car price up. Maybe I'm a sceptic and presumably you did your due diligence in getting a good deal on both sides of the ledger.

Pete.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have found through experience that selling at a fair price for a quick sale privately is still much better than trading in. I recently sold my 2.5yr old Mazda CX-9 for 6k more than the trade in and it was only a 2 week sale. The first looker bought it and it took a few revisions of the sale price to get into the window. And I got a much better deal on the new car as a stand-alone purchase. However Japanese cars are much more sought after 2nd hand compared to European cars unless they are still in warranty. Just another data point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just sold my 2015 GLX Triton on the market for 4 weeks. Sold directly after a big hail storm in Canberra. Listed $24k got $23k. A good price but lost the money on as new accessories that would've been easily over the $10k mark. Was offered $16k at a car yard so a much better outcome for me. Bought the new CR independently and will top up funds with the old car sale.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts