Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok background, leaving on a trip tomorrow AM and of course my car decides to be temperamental.
Reductant Consumption Too Low
Add Blue 200 mi countdown (just added 2.5 gal 2 days ago)
I am trying to come up with a list of things I can check or do first. pressed for time and I admittedly have not searched yet as I’m hoping for a targeted list. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Sounds like you may not be leaving for that trip in the Touareg or else the likelihood of being stranded is high with that issue.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Pssstttt... What's the date? When was "tomorrow morning"? He's already gone and possibly stranded by now 😅
I noticed once it was far too late

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
No pun intended

• Helpful
Reactions: SaVAGeSoot

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright! Im back and was able to make it happen last minute. On a whim I decided to pull the DEF that I had in the car. I had just put in 2.5 Gallons in ( did not know the car holds 5 ) any way I learned 2 things, Capacity and DEF does have a expiration date. I noticed when I put the new stuff in, the Amonia smell was MUCH stronger than the stuff I siphoned out. I got every last bit out and dropped some fresh stuff in went around the block, cleared the codes and after 1000 mile trip, no lights and all is well. I also just replaced the Fuel Filter and seriously feels much better! Not sure if it is a placebo. I am going to clean up the OG post to hopefully help anyone that comes across this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts