Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife found a hose dragging under our 04 Treg with V8 and air suspension. It is coming from the engine bay on the passenger's side and sticks out into the wheel well area and hits the ground just inside the inner part of the tire. It is long enough that it touches the ground, plus a couple inches. It is black rubber hose, about 3/8" inside diameter, and there is a hard plastic fitting in the end of it that looks like it should be connected to another rubber hose or rubber fitting of the same size. The hose routes just under and very close to the inner CV on the passenger side.

It did not appear to be terribly critical, so I have temporarily routed it under the car and slipped it into the rear part of the subframe until I can pull the wheel, remove the airbox on that side, and see where it is coming from in the engine bay.

Any idea? Looks like maybe it is some kind of drain for the coolant reservoir or the A/C evap core or something related to the air susp???

Thanks, Mark

·
Administrator
4,379 Posts
I have absolutely no idea. Any pictures of the mystery hose?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like the breather hose for the trans.
Mine tucks up under the passenger side against the heat shield. But mine never had a connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also found out today that hose hanging form the bottom of my car ... before today while I washed it i didn't notice it. Any ideas where it goes. Appart from that the car runs fine I only got it a few days a go the 2005 V8 with 90k miles. Also noticed that I make a slight clunk side on the front whil going over bumps and I think it might be the sway bar bearings. I've changed mine on mi SUBARU TRIBECA with the same nose and solved the problem... Still figuring out how I will lift this 2.5 ton car with the jacks I have hahaha.
Anyway any suggestions
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hood Tread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts