Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 Touareg TDI which I am very happy with.
One thing I really think needs to be changed is the following:
The Homelink buttons do not work once the engine is shut off.
I generally pull into my garage, shut of the engine and push the button for the Homelink to shut the garage door behind me. Every other car and truck I have owned does this.
Does anyone know if this can be rewired to keep power to the unit. The sunroof buttons still work until you open the door and are on the same upper unit.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Re-wiring to keep power to anything on a Touareg is asking for trouble.

I sympathize with you though I have hit the garage buttons with the Touareg off many times as well. I also wish it would work all the time or in conjunction with the interior lights as you describe.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I don't know if there is a wiring solution as I know what it is like to push the button after turning the vehicle off and the garage door won't close.

I just push the button to close the door before I shut the truck off. There is no smell or odor from the exhaust so it is no big deal to have it run for a bit until the door goes down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the button could just work until the door is opened, that would be great. Yes, I have thought of pressing it before I turn off the engine, or pressing the engine start button without the brake pressed so the auxilary will go on.
Just seems strange that it doesnt work this way already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts