Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hope is that this is not serious, and I can't seem to replicate it consistently, but from time to time I hear a hiss then followed quickly by a pop. It comes from the left side.

It doesn't sound like the hiss from when my suspension drops. I did just put on my OEM wheels, cause they had winter tires, and Maine is no place for wide 22s in the winter, regardless of them being all seasons. I can't believe the replacement of wheels would mess with something that hisses or pops. Its very quick, similar to a cracking whip.

Any ideas? I have yet to find a great place for service in Maine, so I would love to avoid having to drive to NH or Mass to get it looked at, especially if its something obvious that I am not considering.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hi, give us more details about noise, can you hear it when accelerating? Idling? Decelerating? More info you give more help you get :)
Kind regards, Nikoloz

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, I can't replicate it consistently, but it seems to be while driving, in general. I originally thought it was happening when the car shifted down, because it heard it when that occurred a few times. But I've also heard it while accelerating and cornering, and while going up a hill. There is always snow on the road when it happens, though, in case that matters.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
ok, i dont know if its somehow linked but if you will listen to to the clicking sound while the regg is trying to get out of this deep mud, when you said that road is coverd in snow it means its always lack of the grip, so this is when ABS and ESP is interrupting. so it can be the sound of the brakes :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Never a good idea to go mud-plugging with the sunroof open!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i dont know if its somehow linked but if you will listen to to the clicking sound while the regg is trying to get out of this deep mud, when you said that road is coverd in snow it means its always lack of the grip, so this is when ABS and ESP is interrupting. so it can be the sound of the brakes :)
After driving from Midcoast Maine down to Boston, I can say I don't think its the breaks. I got the sound when I was driving on perfectly flat clean roads as well as the snowy hills. But I am starting to get worried it may be an air bag from the suspension that is acting up. I only suggest that, because the sound occurred twice while switching from auto to sport mode (Although not every time that I switched, so still not pattern of consistency).

In a three-hour (+) drive I only heard it maybe 3-4 times, so like I said, not consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts