Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed the pcv membrane under the valve cover. Long story short the stainless fuel lines that come from the HPFP to the upper fuel rail and then the stainless line that supply’s the lower rail got fouled up. Thought they’d be fine but alas they are not and they aren’t providing a good seal. A significant amount of fuel is spraying out.

I cannot for the life of me find the part number for those two lines so I can replace them. Any help would be appreciated.

It’s on a 3.6 L 24v VR6 for informational purposes. Also screw the engineer who placed the PCV membrane inside the valve cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking of replacing them with flexible lines but I’m not sure it would work with the unions being the way they are. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tracked down the part number and ordered one off of eBay. Not looking forward to removing the intake manifold again but at least the new line should work. Dealer wanted $51.00 and the eBay one was $22.00. It was only one line that was leaking too. The one from the upper fuel rail to the lower fuel rail.

Hopefully this remedies it. Will update next week when the part comes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts