Club Touareg Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Rockhead -- sorry for all the questions, but...
Any idea what prompted them to do those items? Service bulletins ? Hunches ? How long did they have your Treg at the shop?
How many miles do you have, and have you owned it since new ?
What brand / grade of gas do you run ?

Enquiring minds want to know.....
Thanks again

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of the techs came from the audi division and he said the oil filter mount and lines that feed the top of the motor was one of the fixes for the Audi version. They recommended shell 93 supreme and chevron 93 supreme.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They came up with everything they did. I still wonder if they re flashed the computer but I didn't ask and not sure they would tell me if I did. Doesn't matter to me, Hewlett VW treated us with class.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
ThePhoenx said:
Seafoam probably would have worked for this
For future reference, seafoam wouldn't help in my case. I had a brand new head and all of the pistons de-carbonized with no improvement lol.

Also, VW resold the Touareg. Gotta feel sorry for that buyer!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd really like to hear from Rockhead, to see if theirs was fixed for good... but appears he hasn't been on the forum for awhile.

Mine still does it every day... and the dealership still doesn't have a clue (or they claim to not have a solution)...

//Pancho

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'd really like to hear from Rockhead, to see if theirs was fixed for good... but appears he hasn't been on the forum for awhile.

//Pancho
Send him a PM.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all -- Rockhead responded to my IM with the bad news that the noise had come back, and the dealer continues to try different things.

.... he said he would keep everyone updated when there's any news.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, they worked on it very hard but never git it to go away totally. It is better than it has been but still there. I think it is a product of type of fuel, temp, ethanol in the fuel ect.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts