Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
First (to keep siberian waiting): Treg is back. Just a small seal on the vac pump. All fixed and smell is gone. Running GREAT, better than ever in fact.

Second: Transmission Module. Dealer coding back to 4216 after a little battle about how the coding shouldn't be changed as the coding that is there (3704) is from the factory (uh... oops). Well, its back and I can read the TCM with Vag. So if you ever fubar your coding to 3704, you just need to have a dealer code back to 4216. Boom goes the dynamite.

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can try and change it to... nah forget that it don't work on the 08s :)

siberian

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
Problem is back!

Cold Start
Rev to 1200 (normal)
4-6 misfires matching to a loud pop, heavy shake, and drop to 900 RPM
Eventually smoothing out

I am convinced not only am I cursed, but that this lies much deeper than parts replacement can go.

EVIDENTLY IM CRAZY EDIT: MY wife says im insane. The misfires used to be very loud, loud enough she could hear them 3 stories up. Today she was in the garage when I was leaving and never heard it. So maybe all this time has made me nuts. Eitherway...

·
Registered
27 Posts
after we started ours 10 seconds after you just turned the ignition on for a week it stopped the bad start up when you just started it. maybe it needs to self recalibrate ...... or something.

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
EVIDENTLY IM CRAZY EDIT: MY wife says im insane. The misfires used to be very loud, loud enough she could hear them 3 stories up. Today she was in the garage when I was leaving and never heard it. So maybe all this time has made me nuts. Eitherway...

Well if your wife says you are insane, you obviously are, because there is no way she could be wrong......:rolleyes:

·
5,765 Posts
OK Terry here's my scoop:

1) Dealer checked when the car was brought in and the TCM had the latest software rev level and was coded to 4216 inspite of my error. Don't understand that since we mistakenly coded it to 3704...

2) VAG-COM is still unable to communicate with TCM controller returning a "No Repsonse from Controller" running the latest VAG-COM software

3) No news from Uwe, I will ping him again.

This is very weird...

siberian

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Siberian-

At first my dealer told me the coding was perfectly fine as well, along with the S/W revision. It took me standing over them and requesting they change this number to 4216 before they actually did it. My guess? They ran a system check and saw that it was communicating and said the coding was fine, never actually going deep enough to see the soft coding.

Thankfully VW Techline confirmed the tranny should be perfectly fine running the magical code we created. Now that I'm back at 4216, the tranny almost feels rougher than the code we put in.

·
5,765 Posts
But.... you still can't access it with the VAG-COM right?

Yes, that's my thought as well re. the dealer. But heck I'm not going to war with them - it was my last visit anyway.

siberian

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
No, I can access it via Vag-Com and see the coding. I even changed it to 4200 and back to see if I could write. All worked fine.

****ty thing happened now: No Oil pressure. Limped it to dealer and missed my golden birthday dinner with my family (who were waiting at the restaurant). Happy F*cking birthday.

Left the GM Steve a message. Told him he needs to have my loan paid off tomorrow or I will be following up with our families lawyer for lemon law. I'm 100% done with this rig. Luckily they have a 09 TDI sitting in the lot still!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Plenty of wierdness to go around...

Terry, sorry to hear the problem's back... I (and others who are having the problem, undoubtedly) were looking forward to some resolution.

Had mine into the dealer just before Christmas again, they 'could not reproduce' and want me to bring it back when I can leave it. I said unless the techline knows more now than it did 2 months ago (...which they said they don't... ) I told them I thought it was a waste of time & money to leave it. But they said I have to play the game if I want them to research it more. And my warranty expires in < 500 miles so I want them to get on record again that they've tried multiple times to correct this problem.

Now for the wierdness... we just got back from a 2500+ mile roadtrip the past 10 days over Christmas, and the problem did not occur once. Temps were sometimes less than 40F (where I've noticed it's less likely to occur) but many times were over 40F at start-up.

Used the same brand of gas (Shell) I use at home, but mixed 93 and 89 octane everyother fill-up from 1/2 tank trying to keep the gas costs down with the highway miles... not sure if that could cause any difference, but ?

I'll go back to straight 93 for a while and see if the problem comes back more often, and then experiment with the fuel again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I no longer have a Touareg. Touareg's oil sensor is bad along with needing a bunch of front end work on the howl at 60mph. So the dealer did a partial buy back without argument, paying me back my loan and giving me a good deal on new car. Gave me about 7000 over KBB. Moved over to another TDI Golf, 2012 4 door manual with tech package. RNS-510 already ordered :D.

I'll still hang around the forum and spread my knowledge around. Going to look at a Touareg again in a year or two, who know what could happen.

·
5,765 Posts
Ahh dude, sorry to hear that but glad you ended up happy. RNS510? Ya didn't go for a Maisun??? :)

I did ping the dealer about the TCM, no news form Uwe btw, but no reply. What a surprise... I'll have to go to plan B.

But as an adieu on this, the dealer told you the 3704 code wouldn't hurt the tranny?

Stay in touch

siberian

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Correct, dealer said the module was still controlling the tranny fine and was not creating any issues. Hence no error codes.

I'll still be around, have a few odds and ends to sell, plus you guys are too entertaining to leave.

·
5,765 Posts
I'm due a debrief to VWNA, I'll fill them in, expect nothing and find a VAS to recode.

Kiss this dealer goodbye. Many things can be tolerated, by lies... don't think so. I'll make sure word gets around.

siberian

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
I no longer have a Touareg. Touareg's oil sensor is bad along with needing a bunch of front end work on the howl at 60mph. So the dealer did a partial buy back without argument, paying me back my loan and giving me a good deal on new car. Gave me about 7000 over KBB. Moved over to another TDI Golf, 2012 4 door manual with tech package. RNS-510 already ordered :D.

I'll still hang around the forum and spread my knowledge around. Going to look at a Touareg again in a year or two, who know what could happen.

Glad to hear they made good on the deal, the '12 Golf TDI is a hell of a solid machine...good combination of the latest diesel tech + made in Germany...congrats!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
So one last update: The dealer put this Touareg up for sale... Yikes!

In the event someone comes here looking for info on a Silver 2008 V6 Touareg that is offered for $3000 under blue book with a PERFECT Carfax (lol). Don't go for it. It's at Westside VW in Minneapolis.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice.... I wonder if they can wipe the service history records, too...

Update on mine, they were able to reproduce it but the techline says they have no clue, and I was instructed to take it and bring it back "when something breaks". Meaning without a fault code, they are not willing to spend any more time or money on it.
I opened a 'case' with VWoA and have basically been told to live with it... thay say "it's documented now" and will be covered if they ever figure out what is going on.

In the meantime, I've been experimenting with different grades and brands of gas. I noticed on a long trip over Christmas, it did not do it so often. One variable was the gas, so I'm taking that path for now.

//Pancho

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still no popping on start up after two months. Not sure exactly what all they did, cleaned the head, it had bad carbon build up. Replaced the oil filter mount and lines that feed the top of the motor, the lines are bigger and have a check valve in the lines. Cleaned out the gas tank. They might have re flashed the computer but it doesent say that on the paperwork. It sure runs alot better.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts