Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The headlight washers work when the lights are turned on (If you have DRL I suppose you have to turn the headlightligth swith to on). Then when the lights are on simply pull the windshield washer stalk for about 2 seconds (when you see the windshield washer turn on, hold the stalk a bit longer). At that moment the headlight washers should turn on.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You do not have to turn on your headlights to get the headlight washers to work.... that is incorrect information.

When you pull back on the turn signal stalk to wash your windshield, continue to pull back on the stalk for a couple more seconds and that will trigger the headlight washer.

You'll hear the motors trigger and you'll see an ocean of water come blasting over your hood ----- it's very cool!

·
Registered
18 Posts
TREGinginCO
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have to turn on your headlights to get the headlight washers to work.... that is incorrect information.
TREGinginCO
This is not incorrect information. I don't know how it works with the US-version light switch and DRLs (thats why in my post I said, if you had DRL, I SUPPOSED you had to have the lgith swith on).
But if you have the the Euro light switch and DRL off, you do need to turn the light swith on, or else the headlight washers will not turn on, no matter how long you hold the washer stalk back.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have the Euro switch and nothing changed after I installed it.

What did change was having the DRL's VAG'd off. If I have the DRLs off, then it also shuts off the headlight washers. When I go into the MFI and turn the DRL's back on - the headlight washers work again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
TREGinginCO:
Could you try something? First turn the DRLs off in the MFI, then turn the headlight swith on (to the last position to the right). Then pull the washer stalk and hold it (to try and operate the headlight washers) and see if the headlight washers turn on.
I am not sure if it would work in the US T-Reg, but thats the way it works in my dad's T-Reg because he bought in Peru (the DRL option comes standard in the MFI, no VAG COMs used, and it comes standard with the Euro Switch).
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.