Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New member and my first post. I’m a very long time VW and VW diesel owner, and recently picked up a super clean 2014 TDI Touareg with 35,000 miles on her. The emissions fix has already been done. My wife has a 2011 TDI Touareg, so it’s safe to say we love these cars. Anyway, a few pics of my new ride, and a cameo of hers as well. 764F1A72-1D1A-4E43-B8FF-58A43DE2185E_1537850757879.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
You like my new fender badges? The Porsche Cayenne and the Touareg are almost the same car.........so, it was a simple plug and play of the Porsche badges to my Touareg.

359F204C-98EF-4183-805F-CFFBA77A3AE5.jpeg
FDB0651D-CE2A-4025-A8F5-35712298E8B7.jpeg
8EE7E555-27E5-4E1C-BED4-2CBB2C1452A4.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
Hello and a belated welcome to the forums. Nice Tregs but in my personal opinion, which may be worth a drop of water in the ocean, Porsche tags belong on Porsche's only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and a belated welcome to the forums. Nice Tregs but in my personal opinion, which may be worth a drop of water in the ocean, Porsche tags belong on Porsche's only.
I agree with you, only to the extent that if a badge actually says Porsche, then I wouldn’t use it. My “diesel” badges are generic and have no Porsche identifiers; there is nothing on the car that purports to be, or represents the car as a Porsche.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They're fine. Smile while you drive. But where did you get, and how did you mount, the TDI logo on the front grille? Looks legit.
In some ways the badge is legit. It’s made of all OE VW parts. The hybrid Touareg was sold with a “hybrid” badge in the grill. My grill badge was made using the hybrid mounting hardware, but with OE TDI letters applied instead of the “hybrid” letters. Hence, it looks and fits perfectly, with no jury rigging to make it work.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
My bad... after expanding the picture of the back of your black Treg I realized the badge under the Touareg name doesn't say Porsche but rather just reminded me of a Porsche badge at first glance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad... after expanding the picture of the back of your black Treg I realized the badge under the Touareg name doesn't say Porsche but rather just reminded me of a Porsche badge at first glance.
No worries. Easy mistake to make, as it is similar in style to a Porsche badge in some respects. In actual fact, it’s just a German flag badge / country identifier that I bought several of when I was in Germany. I agree with you wholeheartedly, that a Porsche hood badge, etc, should never be put on another car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts