Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I tried to post last night on this, so I'm not sure why it either didn't post or wasn't accepted, but I'm trying again.

I have a 2010 Touareg approx. 73000 miles. I had the right low beam warning come on and took it to have new one installed. I leave lights on AUTO but someone switched it to high and I think it drained battery because I parked car for night and when I went to drive it yesterday I had a dead battery. I put key in ignition and it stuck. Someone came to jump start my car and it did so with no issues. When the cables were attached the alarm started going off and went off as soon as the car started. Everything is fine now except for the radio is stuck in PHONE mode. I disconnected or deleted the phones attached to the bluetooth and still nothing, or still stuck.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Thanks!
Rinn

·
Registered
996 Posts
Try a "3-finger salute" reboot. Press and hold the top left two arrow keys and the top right day/night button until the display turns off, then release.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I was going to suggest the RNS soft reboot.....
Press all 5 of the following at once.... it should reboot if I recall correctly
Phone\Climate\Center Knob\Nav\Traffic

·
Registered
996 Posts
OP has a T2, not a T3. Thus an RNS 510. My button combo above is correct for that system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when in doubt with electronics- once you feel confident in the battery charge, disconnect the negative terminal and leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes. This should reset the system.

·
Registered
996 Posts
when in doubt with electronics- once you feel confident in the battery charge, disconnect the negative terminal and leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes. This should reset the system.
Better to remove the proper fuse. The battery is under the driver seat and requires a bit of work to get to, also a special triple square bit that most won't own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pic of my dashboard

I can't figure out how to add a pic of my dashboard, but attached a pic here:

My dashboard is the top left pic noted as 'Based Radio'.

Which buttons should I push?

Or is the fuse replacement something a girl who knows nothing about cars could do?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I haven't had a "basic" radio for a while, so I'm a little foggy.... but I think you will need your 4 digit code with that one.... it's usually in the glovebox in your manuals (assuming you have them), or on a separate "security" bard type of thing......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANKS TURBOABA! I do have the manuals so I'll go try to find them. Once I find them (or if I do ) is there somewhere you can direct me as to how to use a code to reset?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Don't thank me yet as I'm not sure if this will do it for you..... on the older units, they would prompt you for the security code when you tried to use them. If it was me, I'd press all the buttons until I got prompted for the code. Hopefully someone with a similar radio can pipe up around here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try it shortly. And if someone has the basic radio and knows all, please enlighten me. Again, it's not in safe mode i don't think...it's stuck on PHONE. The only other window I can get to pull up is on the menu where it says SET and SAT Scan'. I've only had this car a few months so I am going to put a 2330nex in to replace it in the next month or so to have Carplay and not be in the dark ages with a radio. I just don't want to wait until then because I've read if your car is stuck in PHONE mode that can drain the battery - don't need that again.

So anyone else with a thought please share. The dealership wants 125. to do a diagnostic and not wanting to part with that if I don't have to.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sorry, no experience with that radio. Not even sure the model number.

For finding the fuses, go through your manual and look up fuse locations for radio, navigation, sound system, media player and/or phone system. Take a photo of the fuse panel(s) before you remove anything. Locate the correct fuse and simply pull it out for a few seconds and then replace.

Again, hopefully someone else can chime in on specifics for this radio.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
How about undoing the earth strap by the front seat and leaving it off for 20 minutes to reset everything?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
5 Participants
noobytoogy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing