Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just go to VW , speak to Alwyn on 047041140 he will solve it, tell him its the same as my problem.

Its almost certainly the fuel pump, they also are more prone to go when its humid and hot.

your looking at a large chunk of cash though to get it sorted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gentlemen,
i've encountered a similar problem yesterday and am looking for some advice to take the car to the garage.....since it seems that the VW dealership have'nt been good at detecting the problem and pinning down the fuel pump as the issue....appreciate if you could recommend someone (garage) who could help me...
Hi Shuhaib,

You would have to have a pretty good idea that the failure is fuel-pump related. Even with my troublesome experience, I would say get the diagnostics done at Al Naboodah and then go on from there. I had those done but my hunch was the fuel pump because I had a problem with it initially (Which is replaced) so yeah, you'd have to be very confident as to the source of the problem.

If you are, the chap down at Sama Garage in Rashidiyah did mine for me. He's just off the road from Al Naboodah and he's an honest fellow. The pump itself you can pick from any spares dealer (Make sure they give you a full replacement guarantee first and its best to shop around too).

Again, get the diagnostics done. Atleast it will give you a good idea if anything. Let us know how you get along.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts