Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just wanted to find out a little bit more about what Touareg owners find about the car. I have a number of customers who have been talking about the pros and cons about it and thought that I should get myself armed to know the car a little bit better! Would appreciate any comments from anybody!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
OK.... What exactly would you like to know??? There are tons of reviews here and elsewhere on the web, too.

If you could be more specific, that might help us narrow it down a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying FSJ! Well, from the reviews that I've seen so far, I don't see much of a difference between the 3 trims. So I wanted a more on the ground opinion of whether the SE, R-Line or Escape would be preferred. And of course reviews don't quite give you a good gauge of how fuel economy really works out. I'm not quite looking for anything in particular, but a general consensus on what you guys think about the car. Perhaps you could direct me to your favourite review of the car on the forum for me to read up?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You'll have to wait for some of your fellow mates to post up. I'm in the USA and here, the "Escape" is a Ford product and no where near as capable as a Touareg! LOL! In fact, I sold a Ford Escape and bought a Touareg!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The Escape is only available in certain markets.

There are no rave reviews as journalists ignore the Touareg's benefits and always have done.

Fuel consumption is worse on the T4 Tdi than the T3 and anybody who needs to even ask about mpg shouldn't be buying a Touareg anyway!

The T1, T2 and the T3/4 Escape are REAL Touaregs, the rest are MILF shopping trolleys/carts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts