Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 mk1 Touareg V10 tdi in black
299 Posts
Am glad to hear it.

The dealer charges £500 each side back in 2012.

The car was five years old and both sides failed one month after I bought the car.They seized up and locked on, leaving the car immobile and me stranded.

Plus I live on a steep hill. Didn't want the worry it suddenly letting go and rolling down the hill into traffic.

Because of that I've never had a push button hand brake since and never will.

This cost too much to replace, fail more frequently than the old school cable and can leave you stranded.

The Treg system may be vastly improved from my experience with the B6 Passat.

But once bitten, twice shy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I sort of don't mind the behaviour, but it's just so...different from any other automatic I've driven. I've found that giving the brakes a decent press also disables it and gets the car moving, which explains why it only seems to work some of the time. I've had a couple of drives on a quiet street to get some idea of how it works. Trying to figure it out with two kids and a wife in the car is rather difficult!
I bought our 2012 Treg last month or so & encounter the same issue. It takes a little getting used to, but now I accept it. I find if you don't turn off the park brake (ie, don't press the switch down) you'll get a green 'park brake' light on the dash once you put into gear & can simply drive off. Same result, but the lag/lurch seems to be lessened.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts