Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried it? If so, what were you results? What kind of setup did you
run? I'm seriously thinking about trying it, but was wandering if anyone out there would like to share their experiences, pros and cons.
Please don't flame or dismiss the idea without providing proof.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This stuff falls into the "Buyer Beware" category. If you think it will work, then buy it.
I am a sceptic about much of this modern "snake oil" remedy stuff, but each to his own.

I can't provide proof unless I try it, and I have no intention of doing so.

Happy to be proved wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definitely planning on doing it in the near future. I also hang around the HHO Forums - Trying to facilitate the production of HHO for the common folk. - Powered by vBulletin and I came across a member called Smith03Jetta or something like that. He also owns the '05 V6 Touareg and he claims that he's getting a 33% better fuel milage with no other modifications i.e. 02 extenders, EFIE, MAF enchancer etc...I tried getting in touch with him, but no response...
Where do you think would be the best spot to connect the HHO?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you do this, I'd LOVE to hear the results and see the setup. This is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Interesting.

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
It's a HHOax.
If that really was the answer, factories would not mess with hybrid technology etc but install this great device for next to nothing.

You are buying an expensive plastic bottle with a couple of wires to say it simply.
You can also buy a book about it for DIY.
If you know what affiliate programs are you will find out that high commissions are paid on this to sell these books.
Do not waste your money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nltomba did you ever think that factories are getting incentives NOT to put this stuff in? There's alot of people out there using HHO and with great results. Youtube is full of videos. Look up Stanley Mayer and his water buggy. His buggy run on water alone. Poor guy payed with his life for it.
The biggest problem with HHO today is that it requires greater energy input compared to the energy you get out of it.
When Tomas Edison was looking for ways to improve the light bulb, it took him over hundred tries until he succeeded. Someone asked him whether the light bulb was even possible? His replay: "I just discovered 100 ways of how NOT to build the light bulb". The answer is somewhere out there

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
nltomba did you ever think that factories are getting incentives NOT to put this stuff in? There's alot of people out there using HHO and with great results. Youtube is full of videos. Look up Stanley Mayer and his water buggy. His buggy run on water alone. Poor guy payed with his life for it.
The biggest problem with HHO today is that it requires greater energy input compared to the energy you get out of it.
When Tomas Edison was looking for ways to improve the light bulb, it took him over hundred tries until he succeeded. Someone asked him whether the light bulb was even possible? His replay: "I just discovered 100 ways of how NOT to build the light bulb". The answer is somewhere out there
I agree with you there. It is just not as simple as an old milkjug with some wires attached to it.
If it were that simple, everyone would have one in their car by now.
I would anyway.
BMW is experimenting with running on water. However that is still VERY expensive technology and requires a very heavy tank under very high pressure in the trunk

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
LOL, are you some type of conspiracy theorist? Do you really think that if a economically viable technology existed that would allow an auto manufacturer to power their vehicles on water they wouldn't jump all over it so they could better compete in the marketplace? Such a product would reap them billions in profits.

Who is paying so much money in incentives that they would forgo such profits? Why don't these huge incentives show up on the books of the auto makers?

And your Edison quote is wrong. The closest one is: If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.

·
Registered
192 Posts
BMW is experimenting with running on water. However that is still VERY expensive technology and requires a very heavy tank under very high pressure in the trunk
imagined for a sec BMW with a heavy, high pressure water tank:) that would make a nice BMW fire engine:D Did you mean to say hydrogen by any chance?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I believe MythBusters ran an episode on some of these "free fuel" fuel-saving devices... Busted!

Can't say specifically about the HHO of course. "Your mileage my vary"

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
imagined for a sec BMW with a heavy, high pressure water tank:) that would make a nice BMW fire engine:D Did you mean to say hydrogen by any chance?
You are right. Meant to say running on hydrogen with the end result being water.
The bummer is still that hydrogen is hard to store and too expensive to make

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm in school right now for diesel and I learned a lil about this. It can be done with increases of 2-7% in mpg which is enough for me.

HHO on T1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bringing this thread back as Ive experimented with HHO on a 96 VW Transporter 2.4 Diesel using a Boyce designed B3 on demand kit.

With HHO,
highway was 30% better.
City was about 20% better.

This was running the unit at 12 amps max. The only issue with this kit was the lack of adjustability of gas output vs rpm.

To much hho or advance(in a gas engine) can cause mechanical failures but you can hear the marbles rolling easily.

I just bought a system for the 05 Touareg 3.2 that can map rpm vs hho amps.

HHO works by increasing the burn rate of the fuel.. Period! The faster explosion is more complete at the end of the power stroke, transferring more power to the piston.

The challenge of cell design is to use the least power to produce the most hho gas of the most powerful type. However even the most basic hho gas cells can help combustion efficiency, which is why they work.....

Problems occur due to the standard ecu reading the now more efficient burn as lean and enriching fuel trim. However the latest Volo chip has compensated for all the above.

Regards

·
Registered
688 Posts
HHO? you mean Brown's Gas?

Give it a try the claim is the free hydrogen helps improve combustion efficiency. I've seen several units on you tube over the years that make HHO on the fly. I can't quite see the reason for doing it... however why not see for yourself?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hho, browns gas, is all gas produced by splitting water.
Stanley Meyer was a great man. Poisoned to death by ignorant trolls.

Many spout the myths they have learned through belief. However, without observation the myths are simply retold. The great human dilemma in a nutshell, Belief is Not Truth!! I recommend reading, “Practical Enlightenment” by Jim Humble

Speaking of myth busters. They are paid to do as their controllers wish. Anyone who has actually installed an hho kit from a reputable company has been able to observe the results. They got the results they were told to get.

I will post real results as they come in. These vehicles, 05 T1 3.2 in my case, are incredibly wasteful on fuel. Driving my normal I only get 17L/100. How that is even possible is beyond me. With all the supposed technology going into these vehicles?! There are no codes and I have replaced everything that was in need of it, including timing chains, driveshafts, etc etc.

So why are these so wasteful? VW said, “Well sir, it IS a Touareg!” To which I retorted, “My 1952 Dodge M37 with a 360ci V8 weighing over 3tons got better mileage!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts